Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

FREE app to help make your cover art

Cannot speak highly enough of pixite apps and their amazing apps, this app- matter is free right now and is an excellent introduction to pixite. Highly recommend their app fragment too

Matter by Pixite LLC
https://appsto.re/gb/WqQG1.i

Comments

• Nice app to make some art. The best free app of the week i have downloaded so far. Also have Over and Unity to create album art and this is a very nice addition.

• Another nice free app is Rollworld. You can create Tiny World look a like pictures and weird twirl effects. Very cool app.

• edited August 2015

Looks like it has an in-app-purchase for $4.99 to "unlock forever".

Ooh, animated video loops that react to your music. That sounds cool right there.

• @Martygras said:

Ooh, animated video loops that react to your music. That sounds cool right there.

so waht does it mean"forever".Is this just a demo version?How long will it last before self termination?

• Today is free as well "Formulas". It's +240 Mb, but nice effects and no IAP:

https://itunes.apple.com/es/app/formulas-efectos-laboratorio/id990668324?mt=8&ign-mpt=uo=4

• There's iap for extra objects to play with, unlock forever in this instance means you never have to buy additional objects they add as iap "forever".. It does come with quite a few good ones already

@Martygras said:

• @touchconspiracy Had my eye on this for a while now, thanks for the heads up!

• Thanks. Having fun with Matter.

Anyone know of an app that allows you to place and merge one photo over another? Like an overlay. And adjust the merge / multiply etc...

• @Matt_Fletcher_2000 said:
    Thanks. Having fun with Matter.

Anyone know of an app that allows you to place and merge one photo over another? Like an overlay. And adjust the merge / multiply etc...

I know a few: Procreate, Pixelmator, SketchBook

• These are the best apps to consider..

@Matt_Fletcher_2000 said:

• edited August 2015

I have A LOT of photo apps. Too much, actually.

Superimpose looks the best balance blending/superimposing/price and it's universal.

Obviously Pixelmator, Leonardo, Laminar Pro, Handy Photo, etc. do the same, but I think Superimpose is the easiest for that feature.

• Just for memember: Inspire Pro for iPad is free right now.

• Image Blender is a great superimposition app. Easy to use and lots of effects between two images.

• I actually went with an app called Fused (free with 99c IAPs) which is perfect.

I couldn't find Image Blender and Superimpose doesn't seem to blend with 'screen', 'add' etc.

• Ok, understood.

And thanks for the advice.

• Leonardo is hands down superior to pixelmator.

• The UI put me off, but what does it do better?

@SpookyZoo said:
    Leonardo is hands down superior to pixelmator.

• @Matt_Fletcher_2000 said:

I've got this on my phone and picked it up for free a while back - loads of fun, lots of weird blending modes and a cool random feature: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/diana-photo/id694075857?mt=8

• I know I thanked you already, but I'm thanking you again as this app solved a work problem of mine yesterday in a couple of hours that might've taken a few days otherwise :)

• edited August 2015

Decim8 works the best for me, and Phonto for the fonts

• @pierre said:
    Decim8 works the best for me, and Phonto for the fonts

Decima8 looks interesting but perhaps a bit abandoned....

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    I know I thanked you already, but I'm thanking you again as this app solved a work problem of mine yesterday in a couple of hours that might've taken a few days otherwise :)

Just downloaded this, nice app. It's almost identical though to an ios7 friendly app Typorama, which I have on my phone. I prefer the fonts in this one, they're a bit less fancy, so if you find Retype is giving you Hipster nightmares, try Typorama for a change of font.

• @monzo thanks, I will. Without going into it too much, I work with a very good designer (usual stuff, ads, covers for the odd prospectus, web session things etc) and we seem to work best (quickest) when I give him some generic 'feel'/direction and then he does what he's good at. This kind of app helps a lot. And I'll try Typorama, for sure. As for Hipster nightmares, I hear you, but I live in Austin; pretty inoculated at this point :)

• edited August 2015

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    monzo thanks, I will. Without going into it too much, I work with a very good designer (usual stuff, ads, covers for the odd prospectus, web session things etc) and we seem to work best (quickest) when I give him some generic 'feel'/direction and then he does what he's good at. This kind of app helps a lot. And I'll try Typorama, for sure. As for Hipster nightmares, I hear you, but I live in Austin; pretty inoculated at this point :)

Sounds like you're good to work with - number 1 on any designers 'client from hell' list is Mr 'I don't know what I want, but I'll let you know what I don't when I see it'

• A big thank you @fjcblanco

• edited August 2015

@monzo said:

I'm a good client because I believe in making the creative brief as specific as possible and then I want you to earn your money doing the bits you're better than me at. That's what I'm buying :)

• edited August 2015

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    I'm a good client because I believe in making the creative brief as specific as possible and then I want you to earn your money doing the bits you're better than me at. That's what I'm buying :)

Yep, I can cope with that - clear, detailed brief or leave me to get on with it - just finished a job for a nightmare client of the 'I don't know what I want but I want it now!' calibre.