Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Ad hoc wifi plus file sharing

I have this (link below) but haven't tried setting up an adhoc network yet for music apps. I don't think you would be able to share samples with it either, but it might be something the devs could make happen...

http://www.hypershop.com/iUSBport-by-HyperDrive-formerly-CloudFTP-s/218.htm

Comments

• Looks interesting...

• I gotta test this out this week. I'll post whatever I find.

• Just a bit later than I expected, but this works. I could download files using Goodreader and midi over wifi worked well.

The link changed....

http://www.hypershop.com/HyperDrive/iUSBport/

• I've had a iUSBPort for several months now and am very happy with it. It is designed to serve media files from an external storage device, so any App that can do ftp can share stuff via a flash drive with another iThing (up to 5 in fact). GoodReader is a good App for this. It would be really great if the devs could add ftp alongside the cloud import/export options.

That it also support NetworkMIDI was a wonderful surprise. But I guess that came for 'free' since RTSP is a media streaming protocol.

• Add to that, the size and being battery powered makes it a nice mobile fit.

• How is the network MIDI? Is there much latency? Seems like it could be a nice option for dedicated MIDI connections.

• From the brief test I tried yesterday, it was very useable. I'm going to try to exercise it a bit further today though and will let you know.

• There is a noticeable delay, but for me it isn't bad. Does anyone know how I could measure it? I used BS-16i on an iPhone5 controlled by Geosynth on an iPad mini. Lotsa fun, plus it's nice to have unlimited access to samples!

• Nice. "Useable" as in drumpads over network MIDI?

when I am in the same room as my router, i can get my home wifi to trigger drumpads over network MIDI with acceptable response, but if someone is streaming Netflix or I'm outside ...things get out of whack. it would be nice if this were another option.

• I didn't try drum pads, but I'll give that a try. It is nice that it is a dedicated ad hoc network, so you can control whether anyone else is using it without disrupting the rest of the family or roommates.