Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Orphion, Audiobus Or Loopy Issue?

When Orphion is used (input slot) to trigger another synth (Sunrizer - input slot) with midi, Loopy doesn't understand it and will not record any audio. Once record is activated on the Audiobus control panel in Orphion, I am unable to deactivate recording - which is due to Loopy not receiving any information I believe. It just remains a lit orange circle until I return to Loopy to stop the empty loop. It is not a midi issue because if I remove Orphion from the input slot (leaving Sunrizer in) then Loopy recognizes the midi signals from Orphion to Sunrizer and loops record once again. Is this an Orphion, Audiobus or Loopy issue? Thanks.

Comments

• I can reproduce this. I think this is a bug in loopy that occurs when MIDI is turned on in Loopy. It then disables its own audio engine and in the process of that kills its connection with Audiobus, which then causes these issues. I'm informing Bastus about this.

• Sebastian: "a bug in Loopy... when MIDI is turned on in Loopy", or did you mean in Orphion? I suspect you mean the latter =D

• edited May 2013

I wondered why he was telling Bastus about a supposed bug in Loopy.

• A bug in Orphion. Sorry, my mistake.