Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• Nice! From the people who did Cassini and Laplace? Cassini is older and has some design annoyances with its presets, etc., but that app has never left my device - great classic sounds. Laplace was also really great, not a ton of presets and a bit of it is niche, but again, make solid apps with a small memory footprint, and I will keep them around!

This one looks great as well, love the "flat" U.I. design.

• I don't have words to describe this other than, I like it!

Always loved the arpeggiator in IceGear apps and this is no exception. Too easy to get stuck in 'Acid-Mode', the filter is insane with the drive...

• edited July 2015

Just flavorsome to add one more! The arp is more advanced than LaPlace in its own previous series! Simpler GUI is a good plus too! I would said more like LaPlace version 2.

I like it.

• Looks good. Sounds good too.

• I'm in love! That way of controlling the characteristics of EACH NOTE in the arp is amazing!

• Timing is everything, Nurse. I haven't bought anything ALL WEEK! And it's Friday, and something else inanely self-rationalizing etc.

• edited July 2015

Well, this one is suitable for 'I don't give a dame' for version 2 remix!

Should be more general (wider audiences) to all users type than LaPlace! HPF and LPF together is so good too!

• I like the rollout plan for this synth. Few teaser pics, and then it's promptly released without an announced date.

• Gee, this might force an upgrade...

• Quick fiddle before I have to go slaughter beef in the North Forty and I like the mostly one page flat layout a lot. First glance (or play) with the arp is also good. Now if I could get live audio recording into Gadget by the time I get back and wash the blood off my hands it might be shaping up to be a perfect Friday....

• It has both filter and resonator route switcher for each other too! Great, but don't know the subtle difference?

• @firejan82

This is much of my flavorite one! Thanks for monitoring info for last 2 weeks.

• Only 2 small bugs I found, I will email dev tomorrow! not much harm for everything!

• @Kaikoo Don't mention it

@CalCutta said:
    I like the rollout plan for this synth. Few teaser pics, and then it's promptly released without an announced date.

Me too. Much better than what BeepStreet and WaveMachine Labs are doing, teasing us forever.

• @TozBourne this is a timely addition for your partial physics thread. Lorentz attraction;)

• This dev just gets it. Very nice!

• edited July 2015

Looks great. One question: What are the program buttons at the bottom of the step sequencer for? There's a setting for each note.

EDIT: Never mind they are notes. Program is a weird name for them.

• Not buying it unless that arp controls gadget via virtual midi..

Can anyone confirm please?

• Careful Johnny, passionate vegans on this forum...

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Quick fiddle before I have to go slaughter beef in the North Forty and I like the mostly one page flat layout a lot. First glance (or play) with the arp is also good. Now if I could get live audio recording into Gadget by the time I get back and wash the blood off my hands it might be shaping up to be a perfect Friday....

• @touchconspiracy I hear you mate. Passionate vegan myself, most days.

• Shit, it says virtual midi INPUT, does not bode well for me..I need OUTPUT

• edited July 2015

I have done my reading of online manual, this is a 2 oscillators ( one saw, one square ) synth, with one sub oscillator and one noise oscillator for the oscillator source with highest 16 polyphonies to detune the sound! There is only one LFO which controls 4 LFO destinations which including Osc, LPF, Resonator and Pulse Width Modulation (if applicable).

On the surface, only one thing I don't know from the manual at galance, which is regarding to polyphonies.

Is the polyphenies applied to Detuned Saw Oscillator only or Is it applied to overall sound after mixing Oscillators? Can anyone gives tips on this regards!

• Looks great. Thanks for the heads-up.

• @touchconspiracy said:
    Shit, it says virtual midi INPUT, does not bode well for me..I need OUTPUT

Does Cassini's arpeggiator have MIDI Out? If so, that could be half a workaround. Still wouldn't be sending parameter changes out via-CC, admittedly.

• I can use midiLFOs to adjust parameters, it says Support for CoreMIDI Compatible Devices (e.g. IK Multimedia iRig MIDI, YAMAHA i-MX1 and so on. )

• The problem is no midilearn for selecting the midi CC, so midiLFOs can only attached one LFO to control! Just too simplifying at this moment, Should ask developer for more!

• @Moderndaycompiler said:
    TozBourne this is a timely addition for your partial physics thread. Lorentz attraction;)

Oh yes, good catch and good timing on their part--Lol

• edited July 2015

For what attraction? Sex? Hehe, no idea what those Lorentz doing with this Lorentz! anyway, all waves and all curves. all idiots!

@JohnnyGoodyear, I buy Johnny for the sake of your name today without discount! You better teach how to use it, granddady!

• I'd been really good for months but started slipping again (Attack, Cyclop, Diode 108 and a bunch of fx in last few weeks) and I just don't need another synth - but I got paid today. Time to log off the PC and fire up the iPad....