Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

audiomux, ableton live and external midi controller

question about Audiomux + Ableton (from a noobie to both): once an IOS app is "installed" in Ableton via Audiomux, will I be able to control the IOS app using an external midi controller?

Comments

• Yep. Make sure you have "In/out" selected in the view menu and you can select the midi channels that the controller works on, and send the midi to midimux/iPad.

• very cool!

• I use MusicIO and it works a treat. Finally found a way of using SECTOR in my productions. Just trying to get ELASTIC DRUMS to work now.

• edited July 2015

You save a lot of money when you incorporate iOS instruments witn a Ableton project. For example the desktop Sugarbyte intruments are over $100 compared to under $30 on the iPad. You get classics like Egoist, Turnado, and Cyclop for a song.

• true. New to IOS music, I've been happily buying up a variety of apps over the past 2 months. The prices are very appealing, but then I think- I can buy just one more ....

• Btw audiomux doesn't have a save function so you can't save setups but you can use Auria and route instruments and fx to individual tracks in Live, this is how i'm using it so i don't have to go through seting up tracks every time i want to use it...

• so I'd need two DAW's to save setups? Awkward!

• It's up to you, if you want to be able to recall setups you would have to use something like Auria, but it's not that bad, you just select Auria as the instrument and then channel 1,2,3... in an fx slot. I hope the devs gonna include a save function, think i i read they're working on adding midi i/o to audiomux also but that might be midimux.

• But if my keyboard (Kurzweil PC3) allows me to create and save setups with midi and cc assignments- that would solve the issue, wouldn't it?

• I mean instrument/fx setups, if you wanna recall an fx chain you can't do it with Mux so could use something like Auria instead of loading each effect or instrument every time you open it. All depends how you use it of course but if using several tracks could be worthwhile, kinda like having Reason rewired into Live. :)