Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

I just stumbled upon the coolest vintage synthesizer shop in Oakland. The best in NorCal +PIC!

I've lived in the SF Bay Area all my life. How I didn't hear about this awesome synth shop is beyond me.

Jeremy, the owner (the actually good looking one in the middle), told me he started the shop about 8 months ago. There were Prophets, Junos, Sequentials, Oberheims... more, More, MORE!

And modern mobile stuff! Miselu keyboards, Arturia beatsteps, etc. He is a QuNexus dealer.

When I walked in, he had some awesome repair going on. I didn't want to bother him for too long, because I've been spending too much money on apps!

Anyway, check out the site, I was just amazed. I'm sure he can help you via mail and ups, as well:

http://www.waveformless.com/

Comments

• Wow he's got a nice collection going on there. Is anything up and running? Can you test out synths?

• @johnfromberkeley - I have an Oberheim synth and a Korg synth that needs some work and it looks like they repair/restore vintage synths. This shop is close enough to me to get it done without having to ship my synths (which is always a big headache & worry). I'll contact them about the work. Thanks for the heads up, John!!

• Oakland is about 5 hours away from here. I could make a day of it. Leave my wallet at home.

• Hey cool, thanks for the info. I have a Roland D50 inbound so I'm sure it'll need service at some point, and I live in Sacramento.

• @Martygras said:
    Oakland is about 5 hours away from here. I could make a day of it. Leave my wallet at home.

Lunch is in me, and that goes for any audiobusser that travels to Oakland, Berkeley area

• @dumbledog said:
    Hey cool, thanks for the info. I have a Roland D50 inbound so I'm sure it'll need service at some point, and I live in Sacramento.

@Kikoblu said:
    johnfromberkeley - I have an Oberheim synth and a Korg synth that needs some work and it looks like they repair/restore vintage synths. This shop is close enough to me to get it done without having to ship my synths (which is always a big headache & worry). I'll contact them about the work. Thanks for the heads up, John!!

Like I said, lunch is on me!

• Almost worth buying a synth so I can come and have it fixed (and eat :)

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Almost worth buying a synth so I can come and have it fixed (and eat :)

Just come and eat.

You could buy a synth there!

• @johnfromberkeley

Thanks for the lunch offer. Very kind of you!

I live down the coast near Hearst Castle (4 hour drive) and plan on getting up to the Bay Area sometime in October. Again, thanks for the info on this shop and your lunch offer!

• @johnfromberkeley

Have you seen the not-too-far-from-there "East Bay Vintage Synth Museum/Studio"?? MIND BLOWING assembly of equipment and vintage synths. The most impressive room I've ever seen.

• I just took a count @johnfromberkeley, and there will be 42 of us this Sun. at 1pm. ;-)

• Passionate vegans, every one!

• @boberto said:
    johnfromberkeley

Have you seen the not-too-far-from-there "East Bay Vintage Synth Museum/Studio"?? MIND BLOWING assembly of equipment and vintage synths. The most impressive room I've ever seen.

Yeah, a lot of fun!