Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Particle Physics and iOS music?

In this picture, the top image is from CERN at the LHC. The lower half shows two music apps, the forthcoming Patterning, and that's Sector on the right.

Don't these images seem a little too similar? I'm thinking someone at CERN is making Quantum physics music...From The Future!

Comments

• edited July 2015

The problem is, @TozBourne, that the moment you try to listen to the music, it's not there anymore.

• @thus said:
    The problem is, TosBourne, that the moment you try to listen to the music, it's not there anymore.

LOL!

P.S. It's Toz not Tos :-)

• @TozBourne said:
    P.S. It's Toz not Tos :-)

Sorry Toz! Fixed.

• Nice rack in that picture

• Does this app sound like it is using particle physics?

http://www.taikasystems.com/photophore/

• @bsantoro said:
    Does this app sound like it is using particle physics?

http://www.taikasystems.com/photophore/

Absolutely -- I think we're on to something, and here's visual confirmation:
    (Photophore on left, LHC particle collision results on the right)

• @Proto -- I don't even need a comparison picture for this outright particle physics based app, just the app itself. A demo video, for this screenshot, even states they use "Superposition" of tiny grains of sound. Well that's nuclear physics...and just look at that atom spinning around above the sound wav.

There's a conspiracy I tells ya;...physicists are trying to take over the world, one app at a time. They are starting small with music types...but this is just the beginning, I'm sure!

• edited July 2015

Quarkspiracy! I don't know sh!t about particle physics, but I search for news about CERN and the LHC everyday. Crazy stuff going on over there.

One thing that is interesting is that we are already in one of CERNs portals. A guy from CERN created the World Wide Web and I can barely escape it. But CERN won't be satisfied until they've got us all 100%. Just wait till they create a black hole here on Earth - the ultimate inescapable life suck!

• I'm very interesting about the physics in the universe. Read something every night. What a coincidence, because this is a coincidence isn't it? :-)

• Universe is so intresting. Love scifi movies and experimental music sculptured in space.

• Maybe quantum coupling is the solution to midi sync.

• @Ivan_Dj said:
    I'm very interesting about the physics in the universe. Read something every night. What a coincidence, because this is a coincidence isn't it? :-)

A coincidence? Perhaps it is mearly that. Or, maybe software developers and physicists tend to share something...like maybe they use the same graphic designers? (Just kidding). But I think this does say something about the state of the art of graphic design, and I wouldn't doubt if an app dev or two are inspired by the work being done at CERN and other places (and I hope for vice versa).

• edited July 2015

There is an app for creating black holes, antimatter and the god-particle?
    does it cost more than 2$?
    And most importantly is it on the bus?

• Yeah...iRule.

• @lala said:
    There is an app for creating black holes, antimatter and the god-particle?

Beside iRule (lol), probably not. However, I almost traveled back in time when I ran this series of apps running through AudioBus; Stria feed into a Aufx: Dub which was feed into Echo Pad, and that was sent to Sector. There was so much delay that time actually slowed down (for me...it's all relative, you know?)

• @lala said:

That is perfect for this post...Thank you! The first 20 seconds of the vid sounds like Stria, so I was really wondering wtf? But I liked it. I had never seen that video, or much of Robert Henke's stuff. I know of Monolake but that's about it. It looks like I have much new--to-me stuff to explore.

• edited July 2015

Mr. Henke is a grain and fm nerd ;)
    I'm a big fanboy of his stuff.
    thinking about physics and little particles - I'm off to play ipulsaret with lemur :)