Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iOS9 Split Screen is iPad Air 2 Only :(

Comments

• Also: every app needs to be updated to support it. And I don't think too many music apps will do that.

• Had split screen before on my samsung tab pro and i never used it because it had so much impact on my cpu and ram memory that the device became very slow. Think this is the reason why only the ipad air 2 supports it.It needs 2gb or more ram to work smooth.

• I think the Air 2 has 3 GB of ram.

• @Proto said:
    Had split screen before on my samsung tab pro and i never used it because it had so much impact on my cpu and ram memory that the device became very slow. Think this is the reason why only the ipad air 2 supports it.It needs 2gb or more ram to work smooth.

yeah, guessed as much - also, to be fair, ipad mini in landscape would mean 2 apps side by side in portrait - that could be a bit cramped

• edited July 2015

@Sebastian said:
    I think the Air 2 has 3 GB of ram.

2GB

• What about the swipe from the side to see other open apps? Is that reserved for the Air 2 also, and will apps have to implement it? Or is it part of iOS 9 in general?

• edited July 2015

@Sebastian said:
    Also: every app needs to be updated to support it. And I don't think too many music apps will do that.

No auto layout, no fun?
    that's a tough one, so many things are designed for a specific screen size ...
    good to see that there is an performance app that uses auto layout and gives other apps an other interface that works in split view and slide over, I wonder who these clever folks are. Lol, thx :)

• edited July 2015

@1P18 said:
    What about the swipe from the side to see other open apps? Is that reserved for the Air 2 also, and will apps have to implement it? Or is it part of iOS 9 in general?

Everything with the a7 chip will do swipe over and picture in picture if implemented (or rewritten), split screen air 2 (a8) only - that's iPads, no clue about the phone

So the mini 2 will get some of the goodies...

• I hope developers update their apps to support it. It would be very useful to have your DAW on one side and the synth it's controlling on the other. Or Audiobus on the left side to pick apps in the chain and then having the app open on the right side.

• @Sebastian said:
    Also: every app needs to be updated to support it. And I don't think too many music apps will do that.

Why not? its could be very usefull, isnt it possible to use just the smaller resolutions 1024 x 768 instead of 2048 x 1536, think these reso are available in the most AppCodes....

• I guess it'll depend on how implementation would affect non supported devices and how much work is involved. We will probably see it come in slowly over time, rather than the majority of apps being ready straight away.

• edited July 2015

I don't think think it's just as simple as taking the low resolution thing. I think the thing is can I still use the ui if it's all of sudden shrunken down to half length or 1/3 ...
    on the mini iPads you would need to squeeze another full screen app into something that is 4 fingers wide ...

• iPhone apps should be doable side by side, might be a selling point to buy the iPhone version of an app.

• @Sebastian said:
    I think the Air 2 has 3 GB of ram.

I think your mistaken with the cpu. Ipad air 2 have 3 cores (tricore cpu).

• edited July 2015

Yes, but I doubt that most of the iPhone apps use auto layout. and if they don't already it may be to much work. we'll see what happens. This is the first time that iOS on iPad is different from iOS on other devices. Things will take time.