Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AWESOME!!! HOLDERNESS F/X apps

I am so aggravated and disappointed.

I saw Holderness apps for the longest time.

Why did I not buy these apps sooner?

I always thought well I have Turnado, WOW, Effectrix, and other, I don't need a whole bunch more Fx apps.

I was wrong. The quality of these apps is amazing. They are user friendly and the most quality F/x I have used to date on IOS.

I finally grabbed them with the sale on the package last week when the new AB app hit.

I couldn't be happier. I actually was able to remove a bunch of other Fx apps that I didn't use that much.

I find myself using Fx more than ever now.

I strongly recommend these apps.

Question now is when will Holderness release a synth or sequencing app?

Comments

• edited July 2015

Dude. I know that people sometimes only read the headlines of forum threads. You're really not helping Chris with this thing even though you probably thought it's very clever. You might want to change the name of the thread.

But yeah, his apps are excellent.

• @RustiK found one stupid trick to increase his iOS music enjoyment-! Click the link to find out what it is...

• Or maybe it's just disappointment that the Holderness effects very good are fairly cheap while the others mentioned are quite expensive in comparison :)

• I adore Holderness apps. They're all over my new mixes.

• Completely agree with @Sebastian about the misleading title. And completely agree with everyone about how good the Holderness FX are.

• @bengersfood said:
    Completely agree with Sebastian about the misleading title. And completely agree with everyone about how good the Holderness FX are.

That's it, I changed it.

• @Sebastian said:
    Dude. I know that people sometimes only read the headlines of forum threads. You're really not helping Chris with this thing even though you probably thought it's very clever. You might want to change the name of the thread.

But year, his apps are excellent.

lol I would agree. I clicked here cause I thought it would be a negative post. Which I thought was shocking as I just downloaded some of the apps with the sale and I think their amazing too!. I was in the same boat as @rustiK with my existing FX apps but thought I would try Holderness out for a spin.

• @Sebastian said:

But yeah, his apps are excellent.

Secret edit buttons ............... LOL

• I haven't got any effects apps yet & these sound as good as it gets for the price. It says on the App Store that the 6 app bundle is only £10.99. That's only £1.83 each! Yum yum.

• I remember buying Echo Pad as my first effects app, right after buying Audiobus. I couldn't believe there could be so much awesome, all in one app, and all for such a low price.

As a guitarist, I was shocked that I could get all these effects for an absolute fraction of the price of one stompbox (that would only do one effect).

I've been onboard with Chris ever since, and never been let down. Apps that are small in size and small in price, perfect for iOS.

• @Thomas said:
    I adore Holderness apps. They're all over my new mixes.

how are you able to use them in a mix?

• Kinda wish I saw the original title. :)

• @Zetagy said:
    RustiK found one stupid trick to increase his iOS music enjoyment-! Click the link to find out what it is...

Most awesome comment on this thread, and no-one even called it out. Kudos.

• edited July 2015

@syrupcore said:
    Kinda wish I saw the original title. :)

Something about being SO DISAPPOINTED (for not buying them sooner, but wasn't clear till you read the thread).

I like these a lot also. He even added external MIDI control to all his apps, and this made me very very happy.

Crystalline is my favorite :-)

• @Hmtx said:
    Crystalline is my favorite :-)

Yeah. It does sorta feel like cheating though!

• @thus There is a whole discussion to be had around this. What is it that makes us interested enough in an app or a developer to take the time to investigate their product? Each of us have to click play on the youtube link, or click on the appstore link. Until then, we are just unaware of whether we would like the app or not.

For Rustik, that initial inquiry never happened even though there are piles of threads and comments here about Holderness apps.

very interesting

• edited July 2015

@asnor said:
    how are you able to use them in a mix?

Most recently, I've been chopping(in BM2) and processing my "field recordings" recorded on my iPhone into Audioshare for use with my tunes. I've found that combining Holderness apps with EQ & comp in Auria makes them really work within the mix.

• @Thomas said:
    Most recently, I've been chopping(in BM2) and processing my "field recordings" recorded on my iPhone into Audioshare for use with my tunes. I've found that combining Holderness apps with EQ & comp in Auria makes them really work within the mix.

Oh ok. So they can be inserts in auria. Cool, thanks!

• @syrupcore said:
    Kinda wish I saw the original title. :)

Don't ask don't tell...................... ;-)

• I have all of them except Johnny. I didn't get Johnny because I was under the impression it was for guitars when it came out. I already have ToneStack and Amplitube.

• @mkell424 said: I have all of them except Johnny. I didn't get Johnny because I was under the impression it was for guitars when it came out. I already have ToneStack and Amplitube.

Johnny is way more than a simple tremolo. Even if you already have ToneStack (which I have too), Johnny could bring you another brilliant creative tool ;)

• I have all the apps, the only one I don't get is Echopad. It's a bit more difficult to use compared to the others. Which are all brilliant apps. Easy to use.

• Damn, what can I say but thanks for the love people! :)

• @mkell424 said:
    I have all of them except Johnny. I didn't get Johnny because I was under the impression it was for guitars when it came out. I already have ToneStack and Amplitube.

Everyone needs Johnny.

• Johnny is the trem I always wanted.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Everyone needs Johnny.

Party-Poppers lol, complete Madness!