Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

" We Glow"- new progressive gadget house track

Really enjoyed brewing this

Hope u enjoy it..

Comments

• A really nice bed to put some vocals on top.

• Sounds like you have everything under control on this track, @touchconspiracy - a nice easy listen. As @bsantoro said vocals (or even vocal samples) would be a nice addition - female ones! :)

• Thanks for the comments so far..as far as vocals go, I don't have a singer..and I'd be hesitant to put snippets of samples in it tho..

• xenxen
    edited July 2015

Some great sounds in there, put together well. Every time people post Gadget tracks I get more and more impressed with what Korg have done with that app. It just seems works as a package. Good work.

• Thank you, and I agree, gadget is the closest we have to an all in one/ standalone app..

Please share link to your own gadget work, I'll have a listen

@xen said:
    Some great sounds in there, put together well. Every time people post Gadget tracks I get more and more impressed with what Korg have done with that app. It just seems works as a package. Good work.

• xenxen
    edited July 2015

@touchconspiracy said:
    Thank you, and I agree, gadget is the closest we have to an all in one/ standalone app..

Please share link to your own gadget work, I'll have a listen

These three are the only tracks I've finished in Gadget - they were all done last year. The first two have samples brought in from other iOS apps and the last one is based around a quick jam with an acoustic guitar that I recorded into Cubasis with the iPad internal mike and then cut up and imported into Gadget.

I've posted the link to my page rather than each track so I don't crash your thread.

https://soundcloud.com/xenteq

Tracks - Sunrise, Defeated and Restless

• @xen, I like your later pieces compared to the earlier 3 Gadget pieces. They are much more dynamic, varied and more interesting musically. If you are not using Gadget in the newer pieces, what synths, drums and sequencer (DAW?) are you using? Are they iOS produced? Or are you also using a computer?

• Thanks for the nice comments

It's all gadget..only two apps I really use now are gadget and audioshare

I sometimes open other apps but it don't feel the same lol , it don't have that gadget magic ..

What I discovered is I'm more suited to making this deep progressive house / trance stuff, it is atmospheric , emotive and I like it . So I'm developing this style more

Heavy electronica kind of doesn't digest as well as it used to these days, must be getting old lol

Cheers for listening

@bsantoro said:
    xen, I like your later pieces compared to the earlier 3 Gadget pieces. They are much more dynamic, varied and more interesting musically. If you are not using Gadget in the newer pieces, what synths, drums and sequencer (DAW?) are you using? Are they iOS produced? Or are you also using a computer?

• @touchconspiracy, I like the direction you are headed in. I am actually not too fond of heavy electronica or EDM, even though I dabbled in that genre a little. I enjoy your atmospheric and emotive approach to music.

• @bsantoro said:
    xen, I like your later pieces compared to the earlier 3 Gadget pieces. They are much more dynamic, varied and more interesting musically. If you are not using Gadget in the newer pieces, what synths, drums and sequencer (DAW?) are you using? Are they iOS produced? Or are you also using a computer?

Thanks - The three latest ones are my hardware studio running Cubase Pro 8 with the iPad wired in using an iTrack Dock with MIDI from Cubase driving iPad synths. HW synths - Yamaha AN1x, Roland RS-5, Novation Drum Station and Super Bass Station racks and some VST instruments (Z3TA+2 and Cubase bundled ones).

The earlier Gadget tracks were fun and I was heading down the path of iOS only, but then I got frustrated with the problems caused by iOS 8. I got over it by upgrading my PC and Cubase version and deciding the iPad served a valuable role as a sketch pad away from the studio and a part of team within it.

I've got about half a dozen projects on the go in Gadget which I will get to a certain point (basic arrangement and overall sound/feel) then I will export to Cubasis as a set of audio files and I can then import them direct into Cubase for the heavy lifting.

• Sorry I replied before and didn't realise u were talking to xen

Yes I'm trying for atmospheres and emotions with my music..my girlfriend is to blame!!!

@bsantoro said:
    touchconspiracy, I like the direction you are headed in. I am actually not too fond of heavy electronica or EDM, even though I dabbled in that genre a little. I enjoy your atmospheric and emotive approach to music.

• @bsantoro said:
    A really nice bed to put some vocals on top.

Ultra or Lana del Rey .................... very nice

• Nice job on the song.

The lift and release were timed nicely, without exaggerating the intensity or fortitude of the base melody.

What gadgets were used?

• Thank you, screenshots reveal all..> @RustiK said:

Nice job on the song.

The lift and release were timed nicely, without exaggerating the intensity or fortitude of the base melody.

What gadgets were used?