Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Need some Melancholy? ;) (Another iOS-OSX hybrid.... or just music)

edited July 2015 in Creations

I still like the combination of iOS and OS X a lot since i think it should not seperated in general.
The main instruments here are from my macbook but all midi here is played live via ThumbJam on my iPad Air (Lydian Hexatonic in E). IOS is not only great for itself, it's can really help to get more creative or expressive with other tools. I really think that it's a great combination! I would like to see/hear more people here with such a workflow.... or just ignore me :D

I also want to say good buy in this forum this way (again ;)

Cheers

Comments

• This music is great for movies. Nice orchestral sounds. Like it.

• edited July 2015

You have made some inspiring music, sir.

And you have inspired my music. Specifically you clued me into that great spacy preset in AUFX:Space . What is it called... you'll recognize it. I recorded this last night and think it fits the thread.

This is a live jam of my acoustic guitar thru AUFX:Space.

sorry no Mac software here... just some "melancholy...just music"

• edited July 2015

@Cinnebent Love the track. It's great to hear some someone doing orchestral work. I was wondering if you are using that special purchase you made a couple of months ago. I think it was a Cello for Kontakt. The sounds used in Remember Me are amazing.

@Hmtx Great song too!

• A great song along the same idea in this thread. From the Until the End of the World soundtrack. Mixture of David Darling's cello with synths/samplers.

• edited July 2015

Keeping in the mood, this is a piece I did awhile back with my guitar. Two tracks with a space reverb and delay effect.

• @bsantoro I like that! The delay is a nice suttle effect, sounds great

and thanks @mkell424

• Here is a new experimental piece I did using Nave patches (switched on the fly) running through the new Virsyn's Tap Delay app in the effects slot of AudioBus. Recorded into AudioShare.

• @Cinebient -- bliss, pure bliss. Thanks for posting. It's interesting to see how folks are incorporating iOS and desktop. I'm just starting (very slowing) to use desktop music software (on Windows), so hearing these kinds of results is very encouraging...and very inspiring.

• edited July 2015

@Cinebient, is that a "want to say good buy" or "want to say good bye" to this forum? Always appreciate your participation. I like your dedication to making good music; even though it means you are not going to force yourself to make all your music on iOS; like some of us. Your "Remember Me" piece is really inspirational.

• edited July 2015

@bsantoro said:
    Cinebient, is that a "want to say good buy" or "want to say good bye" to this forum? Always appreciate your participation. I like your dedication to making good music; even though it means you are not going to force yourself to make all your music on iOS; like some of us. Your "Remember Me" piece is really inspirational.

Uups... sorry. You are right i mean "good bye" for now. But it was a good "buy" indeed too :D
    I struggle (again) with healthness and i'm losing control over parts of my body more and more and pain raises up (it's a degenerative thing since many years). I also seem to write a lot bad grammar things lately... sorry. I'm a bit burned out i think. I will make music as long as i have the power for it for sure. Great forum but i don't have the power to follow it anymore like i would. I still work each day but not sure how long i can. Maybe it will getting better again (but i don't really have the feeling anymore).
    Whatever, everything is fine :) The good thing is i finally stoped collecting any software and started to create and combine the things i have. Well, there are a few things maybe on my wishlist.... but not sure if i will have use for it in the future.

O.k. one more for the darkness (i love darkness ;). The sound sources i used for this was mainly made with an iPhone field recordings of an old fence i played with. Also some of my Mitosynth patches were use as sound sources into some of my desktop tools.... then i drenched it through my favourite FX plug-ins.....also a nice combination!

Cheers,

• Sorry to hear that @Cinebient. Your compositions are lovely, and I hope they help you escape the pain.

• @Cinebient, sorry to hear of your condition. I want to wish you the best of luck on improving your quality of life, which includes music making. Thanks for taking us on a journey!

• @Cinebient - that is sad to hear and it must be very difficult to deal with. I take care of my sister who is disabled and she deals with constant pain. I have a sense of how difficult it can be to handle "simple" tasks like writing, or opening jars; and to continue to create music...well you're brave and determined it seems.

I hope you can continue creating music, and with tools like iPad it does make that a little easier. Also note that you've inspired me by your comment:
    "The good thing is i finally stoped collecting any software and started to create and combine the things i have."

I wish you the best of luck and I hope that you can come back here to visit occasionally.

• You will be missed while you recover, @Cinebient!

• @Cinebient I don't have any Gods handy, but if you have some, I hope they are kind to you. Good luck.