Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cubasis?!! Almost forgot I had that....

I've been so wrapped up in BM2 lately that I almost forgot about Cubasis until I uncovered this little gem from my soundcloud collection. This was just a scratch test track...but I remember everything just seemed to flow so nice together when joined with Audiobus...

Comments

• Beautiful piece! I was waiting for the big lead guitar to come in. Sounds great Derek.

• Ha @Bootsy, same here. Was thinking the solo was about to drop the whole time ;-) awesome track either way though. Nice job. I broke out Cubasis because of this thinking I'd give it another whirl only to be quickly reminded of why I quit using it. No clock sync.

• I'm still a BM2 guy....it has everything I want...but this was a fun piece. I will have a video soon using Chordbot for a backing track and ripping some cool leads over the top...maybe start filming Monday.

• When audiobus came along it changed everything re music on the ipad. Garageband was great for sketching new tunes. Before audiobus any serious work required being in my studio working in Digital Performer which I started using when it was only midi in the mid 80's. Now I have the apogee jam and mic and garageband was too limiting. So I got multitrack daw and AudioShare but still wasn't where I needed to be. Then I was staring at either Cubasis or Auria. Decided on Cubasis and I do love it, but... What I keep wishing is that I could create drum tracks in garageband send the midi to sampletank and record in Cubasis. Now I'm starting to look at beatmaker 2. What I prefer is working as much as possible within the ipad on the touch screen, so my question is, do any of you honestly think it will be worth my while to get yet another daw app?
    Thanks for any help.

• edited May 2013

I think Auria, BM2, and Cubasis all have their strengths and some complement each other. Auria is miles ahead in effects/plugins, BM2 is the best all around DAW and midi editing is superb, Cubasis is super nice and clean. BM2 for the price is the best right now, Cubasis is close behind, Auria needs midi...

• @Mythmongrel honestly, I use Beatmaker 2 for almost everything...it is probably the most full-featured iPad DAW available. Unlimited tracks, decent effects, a mappable keyboard sampler to die for, it's great. I can get a great mix and it works really well with most other apps via audiobus, virtual midi, and acp. Do yourself a favor and spend the $20 and start eliminating most of your headaches

• Ok thanks.