Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Dahlia Delay and Korg iM1, A Beautiful Delay for iPad

Comments

• bought through the link, very nice demo!

• edited July 2015

Withdrawing off the Audiobus and fooling around a bit,

no glitch, no clipping, ease of use, clean!

Lovely delay effect app! Have Animoog and Altispce with it!

Thank you, Doug!

• Thanks Sir Doug. Dahlia Delay is a pretty thing. I like their approach (in terms of simplicity) and also their attendance/response here at school....

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Thanks Sir Doug. Dahlia Delay is a pretty thing. I like their approach (in terms of simplicity) and also their attendance/response here at school....

No frill ! English speaking?

• I'm all about the cheap frills Captain....

• Somehow missed this entire line of effects apps. Not really hearing anything other apps don't offer but it does sound lovely. Cheers, Doug.

• what about this developers other fx apps? Saturation, bitcrusher, phalanger, anyone have any input on these? a buck a piece.

• edited July 2015

@High5denied said:

His apps are so no frills! No manual, no link, no midi, no additives! No glitch, no crash, no clipping when turning apps on AB chain! I like it this way. I won't complain a thing. Tap Delay app I love a lot but this one is a good little citizen on ios music world!

• @Kaikoo said:
    His apps are so no frills! No manual, no link, no midi, no additives! No glitch, no crash, no clipping when turning apps on AB chain! I like it this way. I won't complain a thing. Tap Delay app I love a lot but this one is a good citizen on ios music world!

A perfect review, thank you. You should put that in the App Store!

• @thesoundtestroom Great demo. I have a noob question about using the delay. I always run into a problem playing through delays because the repeating echoes build upon each overloading the track.

When you played this track where you triggering the delay with a pedal or a knob, etc? Or are you playing it in such a way you prevent it from happening? Thanks.

• Nice simple app. This one will be used. Reminds me of Valhalla DSP's esthetic a little...

• Yes, nice and clean sounding. Just bought it from your link.
    Hopefully a nice warm, clean reverb will also be forthcoming.
    Would go very well with some ideas for the Sally Caster album! ;)

• @AlterEgo_UK yeah I know it's great, and the other question about playing, I just played, but the keyboard I was using is velocity sensitive

• @High5denied here is a demo of three of the other apps from the flora range, I still have the Safron Sarurator to do, and I know that Tim is working on more effects in this range
    http://thesoundtestroom.com/buttercup-bitcrush-cactus-chorus-phlox-phaser-fx-demo-for-ipad/

• @thesoundtestroom said:
    High5denied here is a demo of three of the other apps from the flora range, I still have the Safron Sarurator to do, and I know that Tim is working on more effects in this range
    http://thesoundtestroom.com/buttercup-bitcrush-cactus-chorus-phlox-phaser-fx-demo-for-ipad/

Cool thanks everyone for your thoughts on these fx apps/.

• @mkell424 said:
    thesoundtestroom Great demo. I have a noob question about using the delay. I always run into a problem playing through delays because the repeating echoes build upon each overloading the track.

Have you tried turning down the repeats?

• Lower the feedback

• @thesoundtestroom said:
    Lower the feedback

NEVER! :)

• @mkell424 said:
    thesoundtestroom Great demo. I have a noob question about using the delay. I always run into a problem playing through delays because the repeating echoes build upon each overloading the track.

You can try turning down the delay level, reducing the number of repeats or using the low pass filter. The LPF will sort of dull each repeat so that your love playing sits on top.

• Bought the delay, the chorus and the phaser. Not happy about them. The delay doesn't work good with Bias FX. If I place it in one of the channels (in a stereo setup) and save that, the delay app is forgotten when I later recall that preset.
    Plus: no presets in all of them, which is not good. State save doesn't work with Bias FX. Save state does work however with AudioBus. The sound in the phaser and chorus is ...hmm.. not good. Tried all 3 apps with my guitar. The delay app is not bad tough, but is nothing special (in my opinion). € 3 Down the drain. I like a very mild chorus/phaser effect but I can't dial that in in these apps. Svep is so much better then these phaser and chorus apps.

• Bought it also. Tried it in Auria as IAA didn't work. Completely stopped all audio in Auria. When I removed it from the channel, audio came back. Maybe it works only with Audiobis? Didn't get a chance to try it.
    Sold me on the video though. And the price is nice!

Might be user error for sure.

• edited July 2015

@syrupcore @solador Thanks I'll try that. One thing about Doug's performance was it seemed to me like the echo of the delay was only hitting certain notes instead of hitting every note and building up a wall of echoes. From what I understand he was triggering the delay with the velocity on the keyboard. I've found some of the desktop synths like Predator have this feature.

• The velocity doesn't effect the delay just the volume, and I tried to play in time with the delay to get that feel