Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Powered USB Hub recommendations?

Hey everyone, I'm new hear and have a couple questions:
I want to use and power up to 7-8 usb/midi devices at the same time for use with an iPad. Any recommendations out there? What do you use? Are all 3.0 backwards compatible with 2.0? If I get a 3.0 hub, will I need to buy a bunch of 3.0 cables/adaptors for my 2.0 devices?
Thanks, I really appreciate your input!
---Mike P.

Comments

• I use Plugable USB3 hubs here, works fine, never any issues. You can use USB2 devices with it too, no problems there. The plugs are identical for USB2 and USB3 on the A side, so you don't need any adaptors either.

• I also use and recommend plugable. I believe all USB 3.0 are backward compatible

• In case you wanted to go diy route I bought one of those cheap AA based power banks and diverted the wires to the lead acid battery instead. Works well and holds power for ever.

• Amazon also has fairly cheap external battery packs. This one is $12 right now. with the right cable, it will power your USB hub no problem. http://amzn.com/B00MWU1GGI

• By the way, the above two comments are only necessary if you want to be mobile without having to plug the USB hub into the wall. I just realized the OP didn't say anything about how he wanted to power the hub.