Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Latest Fleksing new tune/vid

Got this together in the last few hours. Just looking for feedback on what's good, what's missing, suggestions? Appreciate it's not everybody's cup of tea. Thanks

Comments

• @supadom said:
    Got this together in the last few hours. Just looking for feedback on what's good, what's missing, suggestions? Appreciate it's not everybody's cup of tea. Thanks

That's very much my cup of tea. Love the gradual building of your loops. Really like the sample scrubbing and the horn sound afterwards.

Regarding the looping vocal harmonies — which I really enjoyed — once you've softened them with the filter, I wouldn't necessarily make your sweeps so complete. I'd restrict the range a bit more and never quite bring them back to full brightness. I think they'll sit better in the mix if you let your lead vocal and synth pad occupy the brighter side of the spectrum.

• I liked it all. Very groovy.

It seems the drums could have been more punchy or defined, not that I know what I'm talking about. Or maybe not even something you would want, just an idea

• Another damned thick book! Always scribble, scribble, scribble! Eh, Mr. Gibbon?

Attributed to Prince William Henry, Duke of Gloucester and Edinburgh, 1781, upon receiving the second (or third, or possibly both) volume(s) of The History of the Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire.

:)

Not my cuppa, in its totality, but many bits I really like. I think it's the synth chord/part that puts me off (not the Samplr loop which is triffic)., but the groove, esp horn/guitar I think is great.

Took me a bit to realize that that 'Satellites' was actually 'Seven lives' not that that matters.

On the 45 rpm version I would like girls singing also please.

• Thanks

@thus yeah, I think it is a good idea. What I've been trying to get is what Avalanches do with their in and out filter sweeps. It is a great live mixing technique. Having said that I treat those backing vocals as in and out choruses.

@Hmtx the levels are still work in progress. I've spent countless hours to find the right kick eventually settling for one of Gadget and tuning it down heavily. I'm still not happy about its low end though. One of these days...

@JohnnyGoodyear I know, this is one of the best periods of my existence, home alone when my family is basking in the Italian sun. I don't care simple food, looping and house to myself serves me beautifully. This is where I'm most productive and have no time to waste. Autumn and winter are reserved for giggling, hopefully.

I'd go for 2 girls mainly for stage presence but somehow I'm more inclined towards a 2 piece autonomous brass section. Would it work?

• Nice track. Hats and a snare?

• ^hats are there ... just not sticking out. As a novice, I would try putting them out wider somehow, with a very very short stereo delay or something. maybe resample thru StereoDesigner?

• @Hmtx said:
    ^hats are there ... just not sticking out. As a novice, I would try putting them out wider somehow, with a very very short stereo delay or something. maybe resample thru StereoDesigner?

I mean a nice big obvious EDM loop that gets brought in/out. And a dub snare that cracks with reverb.

• Great work as usual @supadom I too thought it was "satellites". How's that beatstep treatin' ya?

• edited July 2015

Cool. Vocals remind me of the the David Bowie and Brian Eno collaboration from the 70's.

• @solador78 said:
    nice big obvious EDM loop

=) That would take care of it

• edited July 2015

Also a more modern version would be Ghost of a Saber Tooth Tiger.

Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/track/07BxqUS5cz5F1XtVdCwObX

Listen to Animals by The Goastt (The Ghost of a Saber Tooth Tiger) on @AppleMusic.
    https://itun.es/us/miGfY?i=840303150

• VERY cool track!