Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iGRAND PIANO & iLECTRIC - Get Audiobus!

As the title says....cool! :)

Comments

• When you release 20 versions of the same thing you get a lot of space on the Audiobus apps page.

• Sweet.

• I'm glad you're happy about the addition of Audiobus. We also made improvements in the background audio for great layering/etc which you can see (along with mainly featuring Audiobus functionality) in this video:

• @ikmultimedia Thanks. Is Vocalive next?

• @mgmg4871 I'm not sure exactly, but I've definitely forwarded that suggestion (as I use it myself and love it!)

• Yes please Vocalive.Vocalive is such a professional app ,it MUST get Audiobus .
    Thank you for the pianos :)

• Now all we need is a good Hammond organ emulation from IK Multimedia. Audiobus compatible, of course ;)

• That iElectric sure sounds nice. Very tempting but $20 plus $10 for AB is a bit steep for me right now.

• Igrand stutters in Audiobus, ipad 4. And when I insert an effect, the sound disappears altogether!?
    Wondering what to do?

• edited May 2013

@Keebo You don't have Audiobus?

• @sELF -go under settings in top right and go to the very bottom should have A & B mode switch it to B it should stop

• @JMSexton I remember that setting being in Sampletank. Did they remove it? Is not in IGrand Piano either.

• No stuttering on an IPad 2. Worked fine through Jamup, too.

• Hmm maybe...I know they removed it from sampletank with the last update so maybe they have with this update of the others, the other day before the update it was there so must have

• +1 for Vocalive to have AudioBus, and a good virtual organ app is also a great suggestion. Actually the one in GarageBand is pretty good, so if they just added AB as an input, not just an output... I won't hold my breath.

• Yes, the organ in Garage Band seems to be the best in iOS for now but... it's stuck in there. :/

• @PaulB, yes of course I own AB but the description from IK seemed to me that the AB option was another $10 charge. Perhaps I misread. It is Friday after all.:-).

• Organ+ is all the organ I need. Just need it on the bus!

• Both the iGrand and iLectric are for sure my favorite piano apps..they sound and play great.

• Stuttering is cured by freeing up all RAM. Glitch, Level 24, Echopad all disable sound when in effect or output slot !? Except Echopad which functions but only when in the output slot? Weren't these apps tested by IK in Audiobus with iGrand? Or do these effects work for other people?

• @Keebo I'm pretty sure that can't be the case. I believe charging for Audiobus compatability is not allowed in the Audiobus Licence agreement.

• edited May 2013

@sELF By the same logic, the Live FX dev should test his app with the likes of Different Drummer and Auria. Most devs do not own and probably can't afford all the other AB compatible apps and it would take a long time to test every single combination and fix any inter-app compatibility issues (assuming they can, it may be the other app that's at fault). That testing situation will get worse exponentially as the number of apps on the bus increases. Also, what if IK did test with these FX apps and found them to be causing these issues? They can't fix another dev's app. Do they then hold off on the release of iGrand, etc., just because of other apps' problems?

BTW, I don't have those FX apps, but Turnado worked like a charm on the iGrand output.

• @Paul. Are you saying that iGrand is not at fault here? So, then should I not mention that 3 apps that work perfectly well with other input devices; fail to allow iGrand audio through? I do not understand your logic: These effects apps work in every other situation. I thought it appropriate to question IK about this & as I said: What results have other users had? Also, IK if you are reading this: Why do I still get IK adverts when I open iGrand. This was a paid upgrade. I should not be receiving adverts surely? And why does the iGrand app symbol still say iGrand Free, when it has been upgraded / paid for? I don't want this hassle anymore than I want to hassle IK. I only want functionality.

• @sELF No, I'm not. Just saying there are issues to do with the idea that a dev should test with every other app out there and throwing out a few what ifs. As it happens, I'm not a big IK fan.

• Okay, I have found that the fault was mine! i did not have output properly routed. Apologies.
    @Paul I Understand what you say. Perhaps it is already an obligation for all developers to test their apps thoroughly before releasing 'AudioBus' compatible updates. Perhaps they could be automatically provided with all other AudioBus apps for free, for testing, so that finances do not limit the functionality of AudioBus ? To stop the whole AudioBus set up from falling apart: as you say, 'as the number of apps increases' ? Or perhaps that is already the situation?
    I am curious as to why the A B option was removed.

• No problem. Unfortunately, I don't think that it will ever be practical for a dev to test every combination of apps. Apart from the expense of owning every app, the time required to do this would be prohibitive. I don't know what test harnesses are provided in the Audiobus SDK package, but I suspect that some such official provision by the Audiobus team would be the most viable path to addressing these sorts of problems. Perhaps some 'official standard' apps for each slot provided by Audiobus? If your app works with each of these apps in the different slots, then it will work with all the other apps that work with them.

Even then, no app is immune to user error. :)