Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

What three musician/bands have no impact because they “say nothing to me about my life”?

edited August 2015 in Creations

We’ve had the thread “What 3 MUSICIANS had a HUGE IMPACT on you?”, this is the opposite. What three music churning-out entities basically need not even have existed, as far as you’re concerned. Acts which you think you should be listening to, or at least aware of, but which turn out that you have ignored, or you can’t see the point of, and really could not care less if they were removed from our planet and never heard from again.

Not which ones do you hate, that’s an active property as much as like. No, these are the ones that are big, high profile, super-successful, everyone has heard of, and should be in your mindset’s awareness, yet you couldn’t care less about and don’t see why other people like them or even tolerate them. This is total passive neutral indifference to the point where they simply have zero impact on you.

[edited addition]
Actually, I think the best way to perceive this question is: An artist/band that comes on to the radio, and someone mentions that song by that band or artist, and you simply hadn’t noticed it was them, or that it was that song, that had just been playing. It simply doesn’t register, and never has. Your mind assigns it as inconsequential wallpaper, each and every time.

Comments

• edited July 2015

My three that I could not care less about:

The Beatles

Coldplay

The Clash

(and I think it’s important not to over think this, just pick the first three in the immediate mindshare, not delve deep otherwise you’ll end up with a hundred or so),
    (also it’d be tempting for me to say “all classical music (with the exception of Michael Nyman)” but I can’t just write off an entire genre. That’d be a whole different thread).

• super tough question, don't think I feel that way about any musician. It's tough because you have to be passive neutral but still not see why other people tolerate them, at that point the rule is broken.

• Interesting question. There are a lot of musicians/bands that I hear are the "greatest" and when I listen to them they just don't move me. For instance, I grew up with The Beatles and for me much of their work was brilliant. But I don't see Aphex Twin in the same light as many seem to.

• Boston, Kansas, Styx.

• I like Boston, Kansas ans Styx

• @thesoundtestroom said:
    I like Boston, Kansas ans Styx

No disrespect intended. All three bands have brilliant musicians and singers, just not my cups of tea.

• blink 182, skrillex, bob dylan

Hey, i thought hard to bring 3 genre's as well so there haha. All in good fun we know

• The Nihilist Spasm Band

• @supanortan no offence taken, when I was A LOT younger this question would have been real easy to answer, and it's a very good question, but having thought about it, I don't care what One Direction do or pretty much any other "Product" band, singer etc. That's not to say I hate everything these people make, it's just that it has no bearing on me personally wether they put out product or not.

Taking it up a level to the truly gifted and talented like Taylor Swift, Ed Sheeran, Ellie Goulding, Artists/Performers, I like some of the work by all these but it wouldn't bother me if they never produced another track ever, except maybe Ellie Goulding whose song "Goodness Gracious" is a work of genius pop writing and production, although I think that's probably more down to Greg Kurstin than Ms Goulding

• @oceansinspace said:
    blink 182, skrillex, bob dylan

Hey, i thought hard to bring 3 genre's as well so there haha. All in good fun we know

Please watch this!

http://m.liveleak.com/view?i=28b_1380578993

• @Flo26 said:
    zzzzzzz......

+1

• Sorry to say,but i just think of 3 bands that i cant stand listening to from when i was a little kid.

Queen,The Beatles and ABBA.

When i was little my older brother was listening to vinyls from queen and abba the whole day and it made me totally mad and crazy. Maybe its more like a trauma :)

• Hard to answer. The bands and musisicians that I really dislike have, of course, had a LOT of impact and influence on me, just in the opposite direction from those I like and admire.

• I realise that @u0421793 already said that in the original post.

• Anything that's nominated for Grammy lately apparently :)

• This is quite tricky to answer due to the 'zero impact factor' as everything has more or less positive or negative influence on the listener.

For me every genre has something to offer but not all bands/artists whom are categorised into a specific genre do a good job of representing the genre, it's naturally down to personal taste as to what is considered good or bad...

Then there is just that super weird stuff that leaves one wondering WTF is going on and it's still totally amazing :D

• Yep, that made sense, that video, fits right in, just what the world needed. All the money I spent on camera stabilisation systems and they get away with using selfie sticks! Harrumph.

Actually, I think the best way to perceive this question is: An artist/band that comes on to the radio, and someone mentions that song by that band or artist, and you simply hadn’t noticed it was them, or that it was that song, that had just been playing. It simply doesn’t register, and never has. Your mind assigns it as inconsequential wallpaper, each and every time.

I’ll edit the original post to include that para.

• All rappers (that's probably more than three, but I can't be bothered to find out...)

• That would be most, wouldn't it? Even the most rabid music fan has filters and a finite range of artists that interest them. I have about 4000 albums, but there's a bell curve — most of those are '70s and '80s recordings with very few pre-'60s and very few post 2000 releases. My plate is full.

• I usually turn off the radio as most music that plays on the radio is just 'noise-wall & distraction' making it hard to focus, I prefer silence over the overly commercial pop music...

Most of the stuff that really catches my attention are genre-mashups and remixes.

• edited July 2015

I do not know of three bands with zero impact but of course no one else including the OP, has any idea either. Just by naming the bands alone shows they had impact in fact. Not only that, but the bands named could well have influenced someone without them even being aware of the fact. I can think of no one who the Beatles did not influence no matter how hard someone tries to claim otherwise unless they are being dishonest with themselves . Not like the music perhaps but not be influenced well , you do the math on that one.

• edited July 2015

True on both. The ones that have truly had no impact I can't even name. But this is more the situation where for example, Coldplay might have been played on the radio and I just didn't realise, then later it dawns on me that this consistently happens, I never realise, they just don't engage, as though it never happened — as though they remain invisible to me. I agree, it's a difficult discrimination. Secondly, true again. I might say Sex Pistols had no effect on me (I wouldn't, but I was in Papua New Guinea the entirety of their career and only caught up with them retrospectively when I got back to the UK in 1980 by which they were over with) but their mere existence kickstarted so many other bands that did influence me. Complicated.

• edited July 2015

For me my mind just tunes out music that isn't interesting. It's the same with TV and Movies. I just saw Jurassic World with my family and I honestly can't remember anything about it. I just remember little bits and pieces. Same with music.

• There are so many of the more recent "pop stars" such as Beyonce, JayZ and Jennifer Lopez, to name but three, who seem to be global superstars, and yet I could not name anything they have done, or recognise a single track. It is probable that I have heard them sometime, but they must produce music which is instantly forgettable, at least to me.

• @DD829 said:
    Negativity

Yep. This thread is a perfect candidate for a premature closure.

• @Samu: Awesome video ;) At least it´s so bad that it has a kind of impact on me. One of the few good things on this world is that there are so much different people on it. Or want we all look, feel, like and be the same?..... Not really!

• @PhilW said:
    There are so many of the more recent "pop stars" such as Beyonce, JayZ and Jennifer Lopez, to name but three, who seem to be global superstars, and yet I could not name anything they have done, or recognise a single track. It is probable that I have heard them sometime, but they must produce music which is instantly forgettable, at least to me.

Yeah the same with me. I think it's about getting older. I think there's a switch when you stop paying attention to what's going on with pop music.

• @Tarekith said:
    Anything that's nominated for Grammy lately apparently :)

Fuck Steely Dan! Good call!

• This is a tough question to answer, as I think that for the most part any semi-celeb muso/band who's ever been heard enough of probably inhabits that space for something more than no good reason, even if the reason is subjective.

BUT, here are three I tend to think a lot less about despite any popularity they may have garnered:

Nickelback - Heard one tune of theirs that sounded Boingo-ISH, but that ain't enough;
    Whitesnake - Yeah, me too;
    Frank Marino & Mahogony Rush - Saw them live 1979 in Orlando at my first & worst concert experience, the Florida World Music Festival (including Brownsville Station, Cheap Trick, Aerosmith & Ted Nugent)... worst band of the worst concert experience ever (second only to that historic 1980 Daytona 500 race that I loathe to this very day!)

So, my subjectivity shines through loud and clear!

• As a start.. Any boy band. You name em. Nsync, backstreet, one direction............... Couldn't name a single song or point one out on the radio,