Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Patterning App Out Now!!! A New Standard is Set! PURE AWESOMENESS!!!!

Seriously can't wait for this app. I am not a drummer so making the drum track is always the hardest part for me as a guitarist. I hope this Can do beats like Rock drum Machine and beyond with tight sync to Cubasis or Auria. It will be a dream come true!
The closest program to a virtual drummer I found is Jamstix on the PC and Rock Drum Machine on IOS. . I can't have Jamstix on IOS and RDM has no sync features whatsoever so Patterning seems it will be the one to fill that gap for all IOS non drummer musicians.

I was going to buy fabfilter but gonna save my cash for Patterning.

Any of you anticipating this app?

Comments

• Also waiting for this app, because it looks great and the beta testers are enthusiastic about this app. Hope the release is soon.

• edited July 2015

As my dear old nanny used to say the next cab on the rank is always the prettiest ride...

• Johnny grandpa is waiting!

• It's very very good

• Doug, I'm anxiously waiting for your amazing video. Thanks for all your excellent work man.

• edited July 2015

No! Doug is exciting about SB Obscurium now! Because that desktop soft is a once in a life time waves.

• edited July 2015

Looks like a hybrid between Figure and Sector. I hope it has midi out to trigger also synths (or some of my cinematic percussions/hits) like DrumJam can. That could be interesting. Sure it will because an app without midi out is no app ;)

• I hope it's not only dance music oriented. I hope it can do rock!

• @Musikman4Christ said:
    I hope it's not only dance music oriented. I hope it can do rock!

That depends mostly of the user..... but i know what you mean. I'm also a bit tired of endless EDM patch banks. How many 808, 909 kicks etc. Trance Leads can someone use :D

I really really miss some better cinematic drums, hits and percussions on iOS.

• Beta testers please tell us it can do rock!

• It can't be as good as they say it is, they're probably over-hyping it.

• @Cinebient said:
    I really really miss some better cinematic drums, hits and percussions on iOS.

iM1 has a few, in the expansion cards if I remember right

• edited July 2015

@firejan82 said:
    It can't be as good as they say it is, they're probably over-hyping it.

I have NO idea about how to make beats. Absolutely zilch. And I've made this from scratch with Patterning, Swoopster and the super secret upcoming app made by the Audiobus team. Live.

And I've had sooooo much fun doing it.

• Wow! That was cool man!
    Can you try some rock beats?

• I have no idea how to make rock beats. And I'd be really bad at it, too. If you can make them with a regular drum machine you can make them with Patterning.

• @Sebastian Nice! I like those parts with the delay like effect. Although I'm not quite sold yet. Just managing my expectations.

• @firejan82 said:
    Sebastian Nice! I like those parts with the delay like effect. Although I'm not quite sold yet. Just managing my expectations.

Remember, I'm a total novice. I have never made a beat in my life. I've got a classical musical education on the piano.

• Now I'm confused. So i still have to program the beats myself with Patterning?
    I was hoping it could be like the Rock Drum Machine app that sounds like a virtual actual drummer playing. Do you have Rock Drum Machine?

@Sebastian said:
    I have no idea how to make rock beats. And I'd be really bad at it, too. If you can make them with a regular drum machine you can make them with Patterning.

• Yeah I'm pretty sure Patterning doesn't come with already created presets. The demo made it look like you program the beats yourself.

If you want pre-made rock beats, I'd suggest googling for MIDI files, use a drum app that can import MIDI files (Different Drummer or Beatmaker 2, for instance), and then find the sounds you want.

• Thanks but that I so boring. That is why Rock Drum Machine is so awesome cause it sounds as you have a virtual drummer playing. I just wish it had sync abilities.

• edited July 2015

I would love if that suite of apps (Rock/Afro-Latin/Brazilian Drum Machine) had MIDI Sync!

• I guess that really busts my bubble.
    I can't program beats. At least realistic sounding stuff. So much for this.
    I guess I'll just continue to use Rock Drum Machine and hope Luis someday adds Sync to it. He was nice enough to add Song mode which is amazing.

Luis where are you? Did Apple buy you out?

@CalCutta said:

Yeah I'm pretty sure Patterning doesn't come with already created presets. The demo made it look like you program the beats yourself.

If you want pre-made rock beats, I'd suggest googling for MIDI files, use a drum app that can import MIDI files (Different Drummer or Beatmaker 2, for instance), and then find the sounds you want.

• This is Rock'n'Roll :D

• Haha someone give Musikman some water!

• Drinking glass of water.......

Man that dude can rock!

• Thats the best video I have seen in a while.

• I'm working really hard! It's on the way!

• Thanks Benkamen!
    I'm sure it's gonna be a huge success!!! My iTunes cash is waiting.
    But let it cook good. Don't like
    Half way baked goods.
    Can you post a little extra teaser video?

@benkamen said:
    I'm working really hard! It's on the way!

• @Musikman4Christ said:
    Thanks Benkamen!
    Half way baked goods.

Game Theory Mister Dude! Every ten minutes he's throwing out a teaser video another bug is slipping into the build. Turn down the TV, shush the kids, the man's working here....

• @Musikman4Christ said:
    Thanks Benkamen!
    Half way baked goods.