Audiobus: Your virtual music studio.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Submissions needed for an "iOS Genre Whore mix"

Forgive the semi rude title but for those that don't know, a genre whore means all kind of genres thrown in the mix..

Previously, I asked for the community to present acid house tracks but there was not enough to record a mix with, so, I got thinking..how about we turn the mix idea into something that showcases something broader?

I'd like to request interested artists to submit what they feel is their best work on soundcloud and I'll choose from that. As long as it's dancey , that's all that counts..

If anyone has a YouTube account and would like to upload the mix there, that might be a great idea too..

So, please choose from existing tracks and as soon as I've got maybe 15, I'll do the mix

Cheers

Comments

  • edited July 2015

    Hi @touchconspiracy - very good idea.

    You know some of the tracks on my soundcloud so choose whatever you think will work. I guess https://m.soundcloud.com/matt-fletcher-2000/one-word is my favourite at the moment.

    If you have BPM requirements (i.e. my 170BPM stuff will be too fast) then I can point you at some more c130BPM stuff...

    Would be great to hear a well mixed mix tape of some good iOS dance music. Your mixing is great.

  • I can switch from house to dnb nicely, so let's see what happens!!

    @Matt_Fletcher_2000 said:
    Hi touchconspiracy - very good idea.

    You know some of the tracks on my soundcloud so choose whatever you think will work. I guess https://m.soundcloud.com/matt-fletcher-2000/one-word is my favourite at the moment.

    If you have BPM requirements (i.e. my 170BPM stuff will be too fast) then I can point you at some more c130BPM stuff...

    Would be great to hear a well mixed mix tape of some good iOS dance music. Your mixing is great.

  • edited July 2015

    This is 90% iOS (beats are mainly GlitchBreaks live performance ;). Animoog, some Alchemy and a lot i didn't remember since it was an older reloaded track. I just put it into Logic and added 1-2 synth lines. I called it simple Drum'nSpace genre ;)
    Not my best track but the track with the most iOS inside (beside my 100% Mitosynth ones).

    Most of my tracks are kind of hybrids since i don't want to fit a genre :D

  • That is a really nice tune! Most impressed..

    Sounds like 160bpm maybe? Can mix that with some of matts liquid dnb tracks, maybe one of my own too.

    Sorry, but have to tell u that a year or so back I had a mad discussion about the title "atmospheric dnb" for the output of some friends at cadence recordings. I told them the style is "drum and space" and rightly so

    That track of yours in kind of like that yes!

    Hope u make more like that and I commend u on the overall production quality too:)

    @Cinebient said:

    This is 90% iOS (beats are mainly GlitchBreaks live performance ;). Animoog, some Alchemy and a lot i didn't remember since it was an older reloaded track. I just put it into Logic and added 1-2 synth lines. I called it simple Drum'nSpace genre ;)
    Not my best track but the track with the most iOS inside (beside my 100% Mitosynth ones).

    Most of my tracks are kind of hybrids since i don't want to fit a genre :D

  • That tune is great! It's in!

    Check out @cinebients offering, it's very good

    Some very good drum funk and bass in ur tune me!

    @Matt_Fletcher_2000 said:
    Hi touchconspiracy - very good idea.

    You know some of the tracks on my soundcloud so choose whatever you think will work. I guess https://m.soundcloud.com/matt-fletcher-2000/one-word is my favourite at the moment.

    If you have BPM requirements (i.e. my 170BPM stuff will be too fast) then I can point you at some more c130BPM stuff...

    Would be great to hear a well mixed mix tape of some good iOS dance music. Your mixing is great.

  • Very nice @cinebients it also reminded me of the "ethnotechno" genre like Banco de Gaia.

    Here's my entry, another genre crosser, kind of UK garage,jazzy dub.

    If this turns in to a dnb mix I have some of those on my soundcloud as well.

  • Nice! What is the bpm 125?

    @1nsomniak said:
    Very nice cinebients it also reminded me of the "ethnotechno" genre like Banco de Gaia.

    Here's my entry, another genre crosser, kind of UK garage,jazzy dub.


    If this turns in to a dnb mix I have some of those on my soundcloud as well.

  • Very nice tracks guys!

    @touchconspiracy: Thank you, it's indeed 160bpm mixed with some 120bpm. I often mix different bpm and layer them across 32 bars or so. Then they start at the same point again but together they sound then like a complex beat ;) I forgot how great GlitchBreaks can be for such rythms.

  • Thanks @touchconspiracy ,it's actually 114bpm, just sounds faster because it's pretty busy.

    Btw, I'd recommend not including SoundCloud links in quoted replies if possible since too many instances crashes safari on iPad.

  • If you put 'm.' after the // then it doesn't pull in the SC widget. See my link.

    E.g. Https://m.soundcloud.com etc

  • house track done made with WR6000 and loopacks on ipad3

  • My modest submission (a gadget doodle)

  • Great stuff!

    @hacked_to_pieces said:
    house track done made with WR6000 and loopacks on ipad3

  • Nice moody vibe but can u extend it? To mix it I need 4 minutes minimum..

    @pierre said:
    My modest submission (a gadget doodle)

  • edited July 2015

    Just ioS music? All i've got is a soundscape about 5 minutes long done with soundscaper andTurnado, i can adjust the tempo or whatever. Doesn't really fit any genres. https://m.soundcloud.com/philtr3/spacial-drone

  • @touchconspiracy said:

    Nice moody vibe but can u extend it? To mix it I need 4 minutes minimum..

    I have to verify if I still have the gadget file in my Pc (I upgraded from the original mini to mini 2 recently)
    if I find it, i ll try to send a new version,
    by the way I have trouble making tunes longer than 2 min without the impression of being boring,
    I have a tune that is ALMOST 4 min long made on nanostudio :

  • edited July 2015

    I'm a total whore. If adding "genre" to the label gets me more action, I'm game. I have a few metal/dance mashupy songs. Here's one: https://m.soundcloud.com/eustressor-1/the-bar-at-the-edge-of-space

    There's more, some with vox, if you care to poke around. Like I said ... total whore ;)

  • Thanks! Just now listening, especially like fractillion! Very high quality production, nice and clear, also very unique styles

    @RedSkyLullaby said:
    You can use any of these if you want https://m.soundcloud.com/stuartkilbride/sets/ios-album

  • Like it and will poke further, cheers!

    @eustressor said:
    I'm a total whore. If adding "genre" to the label gets me more action, I'm game. I have a few metal/dance mashupy songs. Here's one: https://m.soundcloud.com/eustressor-1/the-bar-at-the-edge-of-space

    There's more, some with vox, if you care to poke around. Like I said ... total whore ;)

  • edited July 2015

    Here is another one that is mainly iOS. I reworked it a bit and also added one synth and one drum track (just for intro) in Logic. I also have the iOS only version somewhere (maybe ;). I tagged it simple "electronic" because i even don´t know myself what genre or sub-genre it is ;) This was mainly made with Alchemy Mobile and live performances with the morph pad. I think to remember (it´s a while ago) that the beat(s) was made with a Glitchbreaks live performance as well. Alchemy will be missed so hard once it gets no further developement.

    What i have a lot are ambient tunes (also iOS only) so if you ever make an ambient mix....

  • Hi, here's my stuff - all techno at 128 bpm

    Cheers

Sign In or Register to comment.