Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Turnado by Sugar Bytes (multi effect unit, out and on the bus) Updated Sept 7th w. Auria support

edited September 2013 in General App Discussion

Update:

Turnado will be available as an IAP inside Auria in the next update (which was submitted today to Apple). It'll be priced at $20. So seemed like Sugar Bytes listened to everyone wanting this in Auria. And this plug is made for automation so that's another plus. :)

Looks really good, anyone had the chance to try it out yet?

Link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/turnado/id614418823?mt=8

Comments

• I am sooooo tempted. no info on amounts of presets ect though. If this is anything like the pc version it will be fantastic. Go on ChrisG you go first I will follow.

• Caved in and got it as read on their forum that there was a change of price at last minute. from £13.99 to £10.49 in the blink of an eye. I'm going in.

• That looks pretty awesome, plus it says it can crunk my breaks! Finally!

I'll wait for @thesoundtestroom demo before buying though... ;)

• Ah that's why I kept getting the "item being modified". Cool..bought!

• edited May 2013

Superdelux ! Excellent app, tried the Mac version last year and it sounded impressive. The touchinterface of the iPad makes it even more expressive. Very usable with beats indeed...

Edit : Works flawless as FX in Audiobus :)

• edited May 2013

This thing is just awesome. And really really fun to use with the four x/y pads and all the crazy stuff you can do, controlling up to 8 different effects, and their sub- parameters, at the same time. Things are kinda tiny on the editing page, but thankfully they added a zoom. Anyway it really is a steal at only 15 bucks.

Edit: only tried it with the provided loops tho, so dunno how it performs in Audiobus and together with other apps.

• This is the nuts,Tried with audiobus with dm1 and ipad import just fantastic. The possibilities are near limitless. The effects, sub effects and all the parameters make this (in my view) a complete no brainer. Take all fx apps together and times by 100 you won't even get close to this.

• Being waiting on this one, would purchase when I get home

• App relapse alert stop reading this thread if your skint.

Glitch until the cows come home, sounds really chunky.

Awesome with Beatmaker2.

Landscape would be the cherry on top.

• edited May 2013

Great MIDI is what makes me want this so bad... and I haven't heard any audio examples yet.

The manual says "Clock ticks will be processed. The tempo will be calculated automatically." Yes please.

And also " Supported MIDI Types:

• CoreMIDI virtual ports (to/from other apps)
    • CoreMIDI network (as a session originator or receiver to/from Mac or PC) - CoreMIDI physical devices (USB MIDI Controller)"

I think I'll go crunk my breaks now.

• Finally, been waiting on this too....

• There's audio examples in that manual link @ChrisG posted.

• This has tons of effects, each with tons of presets, routing options, and 4xy pads that control 2 effects each and has audiocopy/paste, first of its kind really

• edited March 2014

• It also has a randomise button which I love on any music app as in theory it presents unique presets/combinations every time ;)

• @DaveMagoo randomize can bring out some awesome stuff, stuff I'd never have thought of, Magellan has a great "randomizer"

• I love this.

I'm reading the manual... Anyone else see the LFO features?!!!

Still out of my budget, but wow, I can't wait to hear some of what this can do =)

• @Hmtx just FYI $14.99 is an introductory price, not sure what normal price is...

• @DaveMagoo WE NEED A RANDOMIZE BUTTON FOR AUDIOBUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• edited March 2014

• Had to bite the bullet, this looked way too fun. Been playing with the same DM1 beat for 30 minutes, so much to explore!

• It's super crunky by the way.

• edited March 2014

• Sigh, more expense! :(

• For anyone interested there are 24 FX each has anywhere from 9-20 some presets (that drastically range so there not just a tiny but different. There is automation, "the dictator", and each effect sounds really good and even better when you start mixing them. There is LFO and a ton of other settings for each effect so you can tweak or just use presets. It's really an awesome all around effect app that can be used for almost anything and not to mention AB, audiocopy/paste, and 4xy pads to control all 8 effects and the automation can control all 8 with one slider.

• edited May 2013

I would really like to hear how well it performs in the Audiobus chain, with MIDI clock sync, with virtual MIDI, and managing resources on iPad 2.

And are these edit page LFO features really available in the iPad version? Here's a video of LFO options on the PC version:

• edited May 2013

@Hmtx - Yep looks identical to the app, there are a ton of different waveforms like 10+ and I have an ipad was playing with a few apps and effects and had no issues. I wish it had a CPU monitor so I could see how bad it affected it. I haven't gotten a chance to mess with midi yet

• edited March 2014

• Thanks @jmsexton, wow, I did see all those waveforms :D