Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Snakeskin Boots (Tin Pan Alley Mix) - Feat. Tin Pan Rhythm (section)

2»

Comments

• edited July 2015

@gil said:
    Nice work eustressor - love the song!
    A quick update - the save feature is coming along nicely. It's taking a while because I'm trying to do something a little bit different (much better creative flow than a typical "save/load" - you'll see). Very pleased with how it's turning out - I'll share more soon.
    The other reason it's taking a long time is because sales have been sort of meh, so I've had to go get a real job and stuff. Nothing keeps me plugging away like hearing from people who use the app though, so keep the feedback coming. I'm super committed and really excited for all the stuff we've got planned (as are some eunuchs, apparently).

So glad you enjoyed the ditty. I really think if this app could export perfect loops, it could ride the "works well with Garageband" school of apps wave. Keep at it, @Gil, you've got a great thing going!

• And if I could save my work I'd be able to go back and marvel and, you know, continue to build etc etc.

OK. I agree, over-egging a beaten request pudding. Apologies. But you, know, still....

• Got to agree with the others. This app is great for trying out chord sequences and as a backing band when noodling around with melodies. Great feel and sound. Not that bothered about saving but would like odder scales. Recommended.

• More chords and time sigs too!

• @eustressor -- very nice work, and it was nice to hear a happy song. So with your song and the comments from others, I have to seriously look at acquiring this app. I'll go back to Doug's video and check for other reviews, but look forward to other user's comments here.

• Thanks, @TozBourne - the piano in major keys tends to add a pleasant, upbeat vibe to just about anything :) I think a key feature is simply ease of use. Well-thought out UI.

• Here's a link to several 10-30 second snippets of Tin Pan playing a variety of styles and tempos. If you're curious about the app, I suggest starting at the top and just letting it roll :)

https://soundcloud.com/shillbarmel