Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

HEADACHE with my beatmaker 2

So i'm having a problem with my beatmaker 2. Lately everytime, i change an instrument on a track. That particular instrument changes for the whole track. For example: if i make a beat and take out the kick for four bars only. It does it for the whole sequence instead of just that four bars. It never use to do that i was able to change what i wanted when i wanted at the time i wanted. Now if i change one thing on a particular track it changes it for the entire track. Can anyone help?? I know i've pressed something by accident but i don't know what?

Comments

• How do you 'take out' the kick? (Delete the sample from a pad?, just mute the pad? or delete the 'notes' from the pattern?)

Beat maker 2 has one instrument per track and all patterns on that track use the same instrument.

It is possible to automate pad-muting in Beatmaker 2 in the patterns but if you're using mute in one pattern it's wise to un-mute the pads in the following pattern or they will stay silent.

If you 'delete' a sample from an instrument it will be deleted from all tracks using that instrument.

Sometimes it's easy to forget 'BeatMaker 2' in loop-mode (say 1 pattern) perform live changes and think everything is recorded when in reality the same pattern is being over-written over and over again...

It's way smarter to make alternative patterns and arrange using them rather than trying to automate mute...

That's all i can come up with based on the information in the original question.

• There are two ways to duplicate a pattern, Copy Pattern and Repeat Pattern. See page 35 of the manual. It sounds like you want to be pressing the button with the plus + icon, not the button with the arrow icon. Hope this helps.

• @Zetagy Good point, Repeat can cause headaches, that's why I always make a copy :)

• Thanks for this info, i have to explain in more detail. For example; if i have a sub bass pattern running for 4 bars and i change it for the next four bars. Instead of the 8 bars being different, it then changes the whole 8 bars to what i just done?? it's hard to explain i think i need to post a video, because this didn't use to happen. Another example:if i delete some kickdrums for just a part of my track. It repeats this action for the whole of the track. But i just wanted the kickdrums to get delete for that section and not the entire track. I have had the beatmaker for about 7 months and made some amazing tracks. But this is a real stumbling block.

• Is it possible that the tracks are merged? so that when i i delete something on one part of the pattern it then deletes it on the entire track? if so how do i undo that?

• @knockout It really sounds like you 'repeat' the pattern instead of copy it and when you edit a that pattern that is 'repeated' elsewhere the edits follow, meaning if you repeat 1 pattern 4 times and edit the last pattern the first one will be affected too, so to make changes to the 'last' of the 4 patterns the 1 pattern needs to be duplicated not repeated.

A repeated patterns doesn't have to next to the pattern it repeats it can be moved elsewhere too.

It is very important to keep track of the 'pattern numbers' when you perform edits as it affects all places where that pattern is used.

• arrrr, Samu, i was wondering what the numbers on the patterns were, i'll try that thank you

• Samu, you are my new best friend, ha,ha. I was pressing the repeat button all the bloody time, ha,ha,

• edited July 2015

wtf, rtfm

• @knockout You can thank me by carefully reading thru the manual and answering questions from users who run into issues with BeatMaker 2 ;)

• @Samu said:
    @knockout You can thank me by carefully reading thru the manual and answering questions from users who run into issues with BeatMaker 2 ;)

He's right you know. Once upon a time even Samu was but a callow youth, wild and unformed, and he too received the wisdom of the ancients and, Lo, did they say unto him in that dark cavern of his relative ignorance: Pass it on Brother.....

• Sometimes it doesn't even help to read the manual over and over again to cure 'user malfunction'... Case closed...

• its as if post #3 of this thread is invisible

• @Zetagy It's not invisible, you made a good point for the cause of the problem present in the original question :)

• I just pressed something by sheer accident. Back making music and money too