Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

The acid house challenge

2»

Comments

• here's a track with some acid in that I made on my iPad back in March this year - https://trackwerker.bandcamp.com/track/dozzylike

• @peanutcram thanks, definitely not a 'fun for the whole family' type of track, heh.

@studs1966 right on, I remember those names but got into acid more in the mid 90's with the Stay up Forever crew/label, which was more like hard techno than house. They were really popular in western Canada and came out a lot. Hung out with Chris Liberator a few times as I was a promoter back then. I think the other main guys were Dave the Drummer and Jon the Dentist. Good times.

• I remember Jon the Dentist. That era was going towards Belgian Tekno/ rave... Ish/ ReActivate/ XL Recordings label times. Still good tho. Blew my whistle a lot/ hands in the Air/Glow sticks, ect. I thank Roland Corp, & Korg/ Akai, ect, for making the equipment & the sound engineers who brought us the sounds to make it happen.

• @studs1966 said:
    1988 Year of Acid House..... Fond Memories....... Phuture Phantsy Club/Mr Lee(met him in Streatham Nite club)/ Mr Fingers(South London Brixton Boy)/Adonis/Fast Eddie/Humaniod/Armando, eat......Had all Jack Trax LP's on Vinyl. Worked with Richie Rich a few years ago on a construction site(brethren Carpenter & Joiners of old) & new JM Connection, when he had a tiny back street shop in West Croydon. Use to give him my demos. Happy days...... Sigh!....

Wow.. Richie Rich - hero. I love Salsa house, even did my own remix of it. Mr fingers, stacker humanoid (FSOL), lfo, n-joi, all classic heros. So Richie Rich is a chippy ?

• edited July 2015

Colin Favour, Colin Dale Kiss FM, D-Zone records, mr kirks nightmare, early warp, breaks bass and bleeps, LFO, Detroit techno, Belgian techno that's where I got into electronic music, just after the 88 aciiid phase and just before rave scene.

And yes, thank Roland for the TR909 and TB303, both which I'm lucky enough to own.

• Early R&S records, network records, dance opera, fierce ruling diva-rubb it in and the beside of that track..joey Beltram..rising high records, friends of Matthew- out there..zoom records in camden-ubik..eon- spice.

The memories..

• Belgian techno was the best!!

• Very nice tune! Went to ur SC just now, lots of stuff there that impressed. Specially like "make the bass clear".

Such a great dnb track- well done! Nasty in all the right places..

@RUncELL said:

• edited July 2015

OK, here's my submission. Not my normal genre but I thought i'd have a go... (made in Gadget)

• @Peanutcram said:
    @1nsomniak 'raise ur hand' is awesome. I enjoyed listening. The track could scare little children... :)

I've really gotta second this. Raise ur Hand is an amazing track in so many ways. Been listening to it a lot today - I absolutely love the vocals and I must confess to kind of slightly 'borrowing' that short delay thing and having a go on the vocals on the track i've submitted. I just couldn't help myself! It's really good.

• Thanks @touchconspiracy, very kind. Used Reason, Cubase and a lot of Animoog samples I made.

Some cool tracks up here though :)

• Thanks @Matt_Fletcher_2000 glad you liked it. That vocal effect was done with the Beat Repeat plugin in Ableton but it just occurred to me that Sector could probably do something similar, maybe I can get some use out of that app yet!

• @1nsomniak said:
    Thanks Matt_Fletcher_2000 glad you liked it. That vocal effect was done with the Beat Repeat plugin in Ableton but it just occurred to me that Sector could probably do something similar, maybe I can get some use out of that app yet!

Ah. I tried Sector actually, but it only seems to want to 'scratch' the sample... Not rapidly repeat it. However I did use Sector to jump around different parts of the vocal sample in my track. I then tried firing that at Effectrix and using its loop function which worked to an extent.

But I found the best way of me achieving an effect similar to yours was using and varying the 'short delay' effect within Gadget (which is what I made the track in anyway). That worked pretty well to be honest.

• Cannot do a mix yet cause I think there's only two tracks submitted so far?

• Ok, just finished my new acid track that is more laid back and inspired by the Tinman example. I used Figure, iKaossilator, TC-Performer and pulled them together in BM2. Light mastering done in Final Touch.

• Nice, kind of jazzy feel to it too, a slight swing..

@1nsomniak said:
    Ok, just finished my new acid track that is more laid back and inspired by the Tinman example. I used Figure, iKaossilator, TC-Performer and pulled them together in BM2. Light mastering done in Final Touch.

• Not enough acid to drop a mix, have another idea..better one!