Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Nanostudio 2

Comments

• The newest thing i found is this:

http://forums.blipinteractive.co.uk/node/9960?page=2

"Well maybe I should rephrase that as 'the bits which are done work OK' :)

The main thing left now in terms of development is the sequencer."

That was from Fri, 03/10/2017 - 11:30, so March ...

I feel, that it will be coming soon!

• I am not going thru that again....

• There are actually more recent news in this thread:

http://forums.blipinteractive.co.uk/node/11587?page=1

Again, Matt just promise Nanostudio 2 for 2017, not specific month.

• Ah, great ;-)
    Thanks!

• edited August 2017

another demo track + first small UI screenshot leak (which reveals some cool LFO features) :-)
    http://forums.blipinteractive.co.uk/node/11611#comment-33458

• For me the greatest gift of 11 will be the release of NS2...

• edited August 2017

NanoStudio is so good I used Eden to study synths and its mixer to study mixing a handful of years ago
    and I would still recommend it over most if not all apps as a gateway to music making.

• I'm looking forward to NanoStudio 2. However, it's such a pity the developer cannot update the original NanoStudio to 64bit for iOS 11.

• Im just not going to update to iOS 11 until the

• I look for any excuse to make this plea:
    PLEASE RELEASE EDEN AS A STANDALONE SYNTH!

• So it's coming then!

• I keep thinking: after [Mood, BM3, Kaspar, Phosphor2, PPG Infinite] and Zeeon, I'm done...but I keep forgetting NS2.
    And of course there's even more coming that I've forgotten about (or dont know was coming).

• @Littlewoodg said:
    I keep thinking: after [Mood, BM3, Kaspar, Phosphor2, PPG Infinite] and Zeeon, I'm done...but I keep forgetting NS2.
    And of course there's even more coming that I've forgotten about (or dont know was coming).

You're forgetting SampleBot and Loopy Pro!

• @Littlewoodg said:
    I keep thinking: after [Mood, BM3, Kaspar, Phosphor2, PPG Infinite] and Zeeon, I'm done...but I keep forgetting NS2.

Very Socratic of you!

• Some details about Nanostudio 2 build-in synth called "Obsidian" were revealed.. sounds pretty mindblowing :-)

http://forums.blipinteractive.co.uk/node/11599?page=2#comment-33485

• edited August 2017

Just swallowed my gum given the fact that Obsidian sounds like it'll be on par with Thor or very, VERY near Thor's capabilities, but of course with the added sampler functions. Nanostudio 2 may jolly well be what BM3 was supposed to be (albeit with a less sophisticated sampler function). I KNOW I'm going to love it a lot, and with Pumphouse, there'll be no need to worry about internal sidechaining. :)

• Looking forward to this

• Can’t wait!, probably 3-4 years from launch now.

• @Lacm1993 said:
    Can’t wait!, probably 3-4 years from launch now.

I very much doubt it. NS1 will not be updated. iOS11 will arrive. The developer will be understandably motivated to have a product available. NS2 will arrive.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Lacm1993 said:
    Can’t wait!, probably 3-4 years from launch now.

I very much doubt it. NS1 will not be updated. iOS11 will arrive. The developer will be understandably motivated to have a product available. NS2 will arrive.

I’m joking but NS2 development it’s so legendary at this point... I almost want it to become a myth, that app that never launches.

• One could earn a good money betting against NS2 release in 2017. Next year more likely.

• @zhoe said:
    One could earn a good money betting against NS2 release in 2017. Next year more likely.

Yeah. I think that's more like it. Maybe get in time for an early Xmas present..!

• @zhoe said:
    One could earn a good money betting against NS2 release in 2017. Next year more likely.

With only 4 and a half months left (wow), I think you'd probably be on to a good bet, but I'm optimistic...

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@zhoe said:

With only 4 and a half months left (wow), I think you'd probably be on to a good bet, but I'm optimistic...

Betatesting, as far I know, hasn't even started yet. Add to that the usual time necessary for the Apple to approve it, plus some other hiccups down the road, 1st quarter of 2018 is optimistic for me. It will come though, and I'll buy it, that is certain :)

• I'm not updating to 11 without it

• edited August 2017

@db909 said:
    I'm not updating to 11 without it

that's good decision anyway, because if i good remember EVERY one major iOS version since 8 always broked something related to audio apps, and it tooks few months until apple fixed it .. so, wait at least to january for update is generally good decision :)

• We'll really be able to make finished recordings on our phone!

• I think iphone version is coming after initial ipad release (i hope!) because I use only iphone plus.

• edited August 2017

More details from: http://forums.blipinteractive.co.uk/node/11599?page=2#comment-33485

NS2 will support AUs, and this will be an excellent method for bringing in capabilities that its default instruments won't have. However, NS2's new synth, Obsidian, has come on a long way since Eden. I think it's pretty safe now to disclose that it will have 3 oscillators, any of which can be:

• Analogue (all the basic waveforms with the choice of sync)
    • Wavetable (for interpolating between a range of new waveforms on the fly)
    • Phase distortion (similar to 80's Casio CZ range)
    • 3 Operator FM with many different waveforms
    • NanoSaw (8 detuned saws, similar to Roland supersaw)
    • Noise (a range of different noise spectrums with additional LP/HP/Band/Notch filter)
    • Sample (including multisamples with crossfades etc).

All of the osc types are mono/pannable, and the NanoSaw and Sample types can also be stereo. The sample oscillator also has a 'spectral loop' mode in addition to the usual time based looping, which can make some pretty interesting effects. Each oscillator can be assigned to a velocity range (with variable crossfades) or used in the usual layered mode.

Additionally there are 2 filters which can be:

• LP/HP/BP/Notch with a range of different slopes and the choice between 'digital' or 'analog' (the latter has a drive control and much more resonance).
    • EQ peak or shelf
    • Comb
    • Formant
    • Waveshaper

The 2 filters can be configured in parallel or series, or switched to stereo mode to become a Left/Right pair.