Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Nanostudio 2

Comments

• Any news about audiotracks?

• A slicer for Slate would be pretty nice in addition to audio tracks

• yes, yes. In general, I have been looking for a sampler for a long time but unfortunately there is nothing suitable. ideally, have a sampler module of bm3 and, in principle, I could do without audio tracks so far

• wimwim
    edited December 2019

@Turok said:
    Any news about audiotracks?

None that I've seen, and I don't think I've missed anything. It's still top priority, but no estimate has been given nor is likely to be given. It'll be ready when it's ready.

• BM3 saves everything in folders, so it’s easy to use as a sampler for other apps.

• When it comes to slicing paired with NS2, i think fastest way is VirSyn Reslice ... In standalone app you slice your loop, then you use "export as zip" -> "open in Nanostudio" - NS imports zip file and unzips it into Library/Inbox ... from there you can load individual slices to Slate (or to Obsidian)

• @dendy said:
    When it comes to slicing paired with NS2, i think fastest way is VirSyn Reslice ... In standalone app you slice your loop, then you use "export as zip" -> "open in Nanostudio" - NS imports zip file and unzips it into Library/Inbox ... from there you can load individual slices to Slate (or to Obsidian)

I will try this method with bm3

• edited December 2019

@Turok said:

not sure if BM3 has "export as zip" feature - that's main power of this workflow for me.. if it has, then it can work exactly same efficient way, for sure (probably even better because of how powerful is BM3 slicer ;)

• @dendy said:

@Turok said:

not sure if BM3 has "export as zip" feature - that's main power of this workflow for me.. if it has, then it can work exactly same efficient way, for sure (probably even better because of how powerful is BM3 slicer ;)

When exporting multiple files or folders from BM3 it automatically creates a *.zip file.

• @Samu said:

@dendy said:

@Turok said:

When exporting multiple files or folders from BM3 it automatically creates a *.zip file.

:+1:

• A while back, I came across a post with an attached project file that demonstrated grouping drum tracks and sends in a way that allowed the drums to be written in a single track but effects applied to the samples separately. I don’t recall who posted it (maybe @dendy ?), but I’ve been unable to track it down again. Deleted the project file when I removed NanoStudio from my phone, and wanted to go back and dissect the setup to figure out how it actually all worked.

Anybody able to reference this workflow? Also apologies if it wasn’t even on this forum. :)

• edited December 2019

@dendy said:
    When it comes to slicing paired with NS2, i think fastest way is VirSyn Reslice ... In standalone app you slice your loop, then you use "export as zip" -> "open in Nanostudio" - NS imports zip file and unzips it into Library/Inbox ... from there you can load individual slices to Slate (or to Obsidian)

I know that a few people recently purchased Pythonista in the context of converting a Groovebox Ableton project export to MIDI files.

Pythonista has potentially everything on board to do file handling, processing, display, interaction etc. - or in other words: Load a WAV file, display its waveform, offer slicing capabilities, add effects per slice and export individual slices as both an Obsidian patch and as a MIDI file to trigger the slices in their original order and rhythm. All could be packed into a ZIP that can be opened in NS2.

That's just an idea, somebody would have to code this of course.

• @rs2000 said:

@dendy said:

I know that a few people recently purchased Pythonista in the context of converting a Groovebox Ableton project export to MIDI files.

Pythonista has potentially everything on board to do file handling, processing, display, interaction etc. - or in other words: Load a WAV file, display its waveform, offer slicing capabilities, add effects per slice and export individual slices as both an Obsidian patch and as a MIDI file to trigger the slices in their original order and rhythm. All could be packed into a ZIP that can be opened in NS2.

That's just an idea, somebody would have to code this of course.

Intriguing. More code hackers needed.

• edited December 2019

@ahallam said:
    A while back, I came across a post with an attached project file that demonstrated grouping drum tracks and sends in a way that allowed the drums to be written in a single track but effects applied to the samples separately. I don’t recall who posted it (maybe @dendy ?), but I’ve been unable to track it down again. Deleted the project file when I removed NanoStudio from my phone, and wanted to go back and dissect the setup to figure out how it actually all worked.

Anybody able to reference this workflow? Also apologies if it wasn’t even on this forum. :)

Hm not sure which exactly youn mean, there is more various workflows (i oersonally use simoly more Slate instances - one for kicks, one for snares, one for hihats, one for percussions x i don't need to access all sounds from single surface cause i don't use finger drumming

here is multiple various tutorials and howtos, imthink there are at least two also related to more advanced multiple slate instamces routings
    https://www.blipinteractive.co.uk/community/index.php?p=/discussion/366/tutorials-tips-tricks

• @wim said:

@Turok said:

None that I've seen, and I don't think I've missed anything. It's still top priority, but no estimate has been given nor is likely to be given. It'll be ready when it's ready.

It’s coming just after Cubasis 4

• @gregsmith said:

@wim said:

@Turok said:

When audio tracks for NS2 come out they will be bulletproof just like the rest of the app. I’ll bet they will be here within the next couple months. Just a guess on my part so...

• McDMcD
    edited December 2019

@wim said:

?

• @anickt said:

@gregsmith said:

@wim said:

@Turok said:

When audio tracks for NS2 come out they will be bulletproof just like the rest of the app. I’ll bet they will be here within the next couple months. Just a guess on my part so...

Yeah its important to get it right. I’m more interested in aufx automation now anyway which seems like it should be quite easy to add considering you can automate the built in effects?

• @gregsmith said:

@anickt said:

@gregsmith said:

@wim said:

@Turok said:

Yeah its important to get it right. I’m more interested in aufx automation now anyway which seems like it should be quite easy to add considering you can automate the built in effects?

Given the use of macros for AU instruments I would not bet on AUfx automation coming any time soon. I don't think AUfx could just be wired into the internal automation system any more than AU instrument automation could have.

• @AudioGus said:

@gregsmith said:

@anickt said:

@gregsmith said:

@wim said:

@Turok said:

Given the use of macros for AU instruments I would not bet on AUfx automation coming any time soon. I don't think AUfx could just be wired into the internal automation system any more than AU instrument automation could have.

Oh dear!

• Been looking for a while now and not come up with an answer - does slate have an automation channel to reverse a sample?

Cheers,

Chris

• @Krupa said:
    Been looking for a while now and not come up with an answer - does slate have an automation channel to reverse a sample?

Looks like you have to map the sample to 2 pads and reverse one of them.
    No scratching if that's what you wanted.
    You could use Obsidian to load a sample that has the reversed version of itself appended and then map knob 1 to loop start and loop end so you can automate knob 1. Not scratching but a similar effect.

• Cheers @rs2000 , thought I'd just missed it somehow 🙏

• @anickt said:

@gregsmith said:

@wim said:

@Turok said:

Is it bulletproof? When I was using it a few months ago I could't render tracks that included several AUv3 that I own. It may be bulletproof if you are only using the native instruments and effects but I definitely didn't experience a bulletproof experience when trying to use third party stuff with it. The only way I could get tracks out was to load NS2 into AUM and record my output that way. I gave up on it and just have been working in AUM because of that

• @rms13 said:

@anickt said:

@gregsmith said:

@wim said:

@Turok said:

Is it bulletproof? When I was using it a few months ago I could't render tracks that included several AUv3 that I own. It may be bulletproof if you are only using the native instruments and effects but I definitely didn't experience a bulletproof experience when trying to use third party stuff with it. The only way I could get tracks out was to load NS2 into AUM and record my output that way. I gave up on it and just have been working in AUM because of that

The render issues were way real for me too. Once I upgraded from a 2017 base to a Pro 10.5 it did go down quite a bit though, but it was whack cray before.

• Has anyone bought both Acoustic Instrument IAPs? I have #2, and am most interested in the piano and EP sounds (Rhodes-like in particular.) How does the 1st pack compare?

• @spacejack said:
    Has anyone bought both Acoustic Instrument IAPs? I have #2, and am most interested in the piano and EP sounds (Rhodes-like in particular.) How does the 1st pack compare?

I was also missing audio demos for my favorite instruments in these packs so I went ahead and built my own. Give them a try, they're free, as are all the other nice instruments over there!
    https://patchstorage.com/platform/nanostudio/

• I too had render problems. But I discovered it was specific plugins so now I don’t use them anymore and I haven’t had any more issues. Also, I had so many tracks and plugins going, I feel I was truly maxing out the platform. I would not have been able to do so in any other host I have used.

• @rs2000 said:

I was also missing audio demos for my favorite instruments in these packs so I went ahead and built my own. Give them a try, they're free, as are all the other nice instruments over there!
    https://patchstorage.com/platform/nanostudio/

Holy smokes, those are amazing! Thank you, I think I'll have a lot of fun with these. I tried your Rhodes & Wurlitzers, they sound great! How did you make them?

Thanks also for introducing me to patchstorage.

• @rms13 said:

@anickt said:

@gregsmith said:

@wim said:

@Turok said:

There are lots of bad AU out, more so than IAA, i even feel.
    But it is getting slowly better.

Anyway, many hosts have problems with this or that AU, see for example the many problems of Cubasis with the lenght of rendered audio.

So maybe try to find the problematic plugins.

But yes, NS2 seems to do less to work around the problems of AU units.
    But is that REALLY bad?