Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iOS 8.4 out

Well, not yet :) Tomorrow..

Comments

• Besides music streaming, what's the difference?

• I sure hope they fix the Bluetooth problems. I can sit here and watch the icon fade in and out as I type. Keyboard loses connection, gains connection, loses connection.

• Will Alchemy still work with it? First question I'll ask with every update from here on out.

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    Besides music streaming, what's the difference?

Hopefully, fixes for some bugs. Looks like it's the last update before iOS 9 so I just hope it won't introduce any new annoying bugs

• I'm trenches at 8.2. Everything works no fix it.

• It's now available for download...think I'm going to try it first on my mini2 before putting it on my Air2

• @Carnbot said:
    It's now available for download...think I'm going to try it first on my mini2 before putting it on my Air2

Look forward to your report Lieutenant...

• @Musikman4Christ said:
    I'm trenches at 8.2. Everything works no fix it.

Me too, "got my ifunbox a workin so I aint a goin there!!!"

• Just to let everyone know, iFunBox works just fine on iOS8.4 (or at least as good as it worked with iOS8.3 meaning no digging inside app-bundles, only access the apps shared documents folder).

• Seems to be a logjam at the Apple. Downloads slowing... :-/

• 'Is it safe ?'

• @Samu said:
    Just to let everyone know, iFunBox works just fine on iOS8.4 (or at least as good as it worked with iOS8.3 meaning no digging inside app-bundles, only access the apps shared documents folder).

iFunbox only lets me access the iTunes shared folder on iOS 8.3. Is that the same as the "shared docs" folder ?

• @ChrisG Japp, same thing different name :)

• Can't be much worse on my iPad 2 than 8.3 is....

• @Diode108 said:
    Seems to be a logjam at the Apple. Downloads slowing... :-/

I took me 5 min at work here in the U.S., but we are behind you in several time zones. I'd imagine around 4:00 PM we'll have the same problem you do.

• I'm on 8.3 and loving it on both of my babies (mini 2, air 1). I think I'm going to wait a few days and keep my eyes peeled for problems. I miss ifunbox but only for not being able to access Anytune. That's a small beer though.

• @Samu said:
    ChrisG Japp, same thing different name :)

I see, thanks!

• @mkell424 said:
    I took me 5 min at work here in the U.S., but we are behind you in several time zones. I'd imagine around 4:00 PM we'll have the same problem you do.

Which time zone are you in?

• edited June 2015

@Diode108 said:

I live in Central Stardard Time. One of the advantages over when I lived in the North East is that TV is an hour ahead. That means I can go to bed sooner. :-)

• @mkell424 said:
    I live in Central Stardard Time. One of the advantages over when I lived in the North East is that TV is an hour ahead. That means I can go to bed sooner. :-)

I have a small list too. And it IS small :)

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    I have a small list too. And it IS small :)

Really? I thought you preferred Texas to the East Coast.

• I'm not so sure about 8.4, I'm doing a revert to 8.3 on my mini2 and not installing on Air 2 yet. I'm not that interested in the music app just yet anyway.

I don't get any access to shared docs in ifunbox for most apps on windows in 8.4 again (just get "connection failed") and also got some Glitching in some Audiobus multi lane setups. Now, I'm not sure if that's 8.4 or not since it's been a while since I used my mini2 for music stuff but I don't remember it glitching that much if at all on 8.3

.....could be a false alarm but gonna roll back and see when the dust settles

• @mkell424 said:
    Really? I thought you preferred Texas to the East Coast.

By no means Sir. I moved to Manhattan from London a long time ago and loved it (still do) and then ended up in Maine fulltime, which I love as well. Austin is cool, don't get me wrong, but it's purely circumstances that keep me there and it's a desert in a desert in too many ways for me to plan on dying until I've found a better spot to lay down in.

• edited June 2015

@1P18 said:
    Will Alchemy still work with it? First question I'll ask with every update from here on out.

Installed iOS 8.4, and Alchemy seems to be working fine (so far) on both my iPhone and iPad. Alchemy compatibility is a big concern for me, as well.

• edited June 2015

I've done some brief testing. Here are some things that work. Again only a brief test.

Cubasis - played a song

Gadget - played a song

Diode 108 - played some patterns

iM1 - standalone and played a song in Gadget with 8 iM1s

Sid Tracker 64 - played a pattern with patch change

Synth Master - standalone

Borderlands

Egoist -played some patterns

iDestiny - play all 4 channels at once

• @Carnbot said:
    Audiobus multi lane setups. Now, I'm not sure if that's 8.4 or not since it's been a while since I used my mini2 for music stuff but I don't remember it glitching that much if at all on 8.3

The multi lane thing has been pretty much unusable for me on 8.3, I have to load everything in twice to get the audio to work, and then sometimes it'll all go off again if I go into an app and tweak the settings. Glitches sometimes too. Maybe the AB update has fixed this now though.

• Ah, OK. I'm Pacific time.

• @monzo said:

I'm going back to 8.3 on the mini 2 to compare, but the fact that I couldn't use iFunbox again was also a reason to revert, although that could just be a temporary thing...

• @Carnbot said:

AFAIK ifunbox on 8.3 has the same functionality as iTunes. If you want sandbox access you'll need to be on 8.2. Someone up the thread has reported that ifunbox works on 8.4 as well as on 8.3 meaning 'no go'