Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Loopy MIDI out to Sunrizer, Novation or any keyboard?

Hey all,

I've been trying to figure out this problem for last 2 hrs and it's driving me crazy.

I've got a simple drum loop loaded in Loopy and I'd like to have it control/trigger an ARP sound in Sunrizer, Novation Launchkey or any other keyboard app that has arp sound but i cant get it to work. I know Loopy's MIDI out works because when i hook up either drumjam or bassline, it plays something and the clock is synced to Loopys bpm and I know sunrizer snd novation work because when i turn on different drummer it triggers and plays sounds on both those synths but Loopy midi out to sunrizer or novation nada, nothing. I also try midibridge and thats not helping. Ughhhhh...

Comments

• There are some midi monitor apps that show the midi data being sent...that might help isolate the problem.

• Maybe I misunderstand what you're saying but don't you have to trigger the arp with midi note(s)? Loopy is audio not MIDI. I know Loopy can send clock but I don't think it sends notes, you still have to trigger the arp somehow with a MIDI note. Have you tried starting the arp playing in the synth first and then going back to Loopy? If Loopy is sending clock and the synth is receiving it then the arp should play in time. In other words just starting the loop playing in Loopy is not going to trigger the arp in the synth. How would it know which note the arp should relate to? Hopefully I understand what you're saying and I hope I'm making sense myself.

• Hi Yowza, thank you. Makes perfect sense now. So therefore I just have to press a key and it should start? Will give it a go