Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

... is reporting an error condition, try closing or rebooting your ipad

Hi,
I use audiobus on ipad 4 iOS 8.3 and every apps in "input", after launch, report an error ("is reporting an error condition, try closing or rebooting your ipad"). Reboot does not change anything. I tried with synths "figure", "thor", "iPolysix" and "iMS-20" with in output "garage band", "cubasis", and "beat maker 2" with the same result. Even if there is error message, I can use the application but there is no sound.
If you can help me that would be great, audiobus look amazing but i can't use it.
Thanks.
(sorry for my bad english)

Comments

• I have that sometimes. Try ejecting the App in question in Audiobus, but not quitting it. See, if it works standalone. If yes, insert it again, it might work now. If no, quit it. Quit Audiobus also. Try starting the App in question first (before Audiobus), then start Audiobus and insert App. If all fails, try deleting the App in question, and redownloading it.
    Almost all the time one of these actions makes my Apps play with each other again, good luck!, t

• I tried everything but nothing works :/

• What kind of device, and what software have you got running? Also: all App-versions are the latest?

• Hey, i'm on iPad 4 iOS 8.3 (not jailbroken), audiobus 2.1.13 apps are at their latest version... Thanks

• @mrso3, is the error reported in Audiobus related to buffer size? Take a look in Audiobus settings to see what the buffer size is.

• Same problem here, any solutions yet??

• If nothing I suggested works, I'm out of ideas, if anyone finds out what's causing this, and how to solve it, please post... . Wish you guys can get it over with, best wishes, t

• I had a similar problem when using BT headphones, related to then non-standard buffer size, @sebastian would be the best person to ask.

• Try deleting/reinstalling AB. If that doesn't work, try updating the iOS.

• This might be asking the bloody obvious, but are you doing a proper reboot rather than just switching it on and off? (Many people don't know how to do this)

To do a proper reboot, hold down the power button and the menu button at the same time and keep holding them down until the apple logo appears on the screen

I've also found that rebooting twice can help - sometimes one reboot doesn't properly get rid of problematic apps

• It's kind of funny, really. For all the dissing of MS Windows in the world for having to reboot, don't these conversations start to sound the same? Just a teeny bit? iOS is moving into more and more complex territory, and it's showing in more ways than one.