Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Auxy update

Significant free Auxy update, lots of new sounds and some kits, better editing and pumping compression feature, thank you!

Comments

• edited June 2015

I like the pumping and chromatic editing and midi export seems to be for free now. Great update. No polyphonic pitch bend yet, I hope that thing will happen eventually, it looked and sounded cool in that video.

• Very nice, thanks, developers! Though I don't understand why no note names on the piano roll

Also, I'm having a strange problem. When running just Auxy, it works and sounds fine. But when I start another MIDI-capable app like Thumbjam or bs-16i, I get heavily distorted and stuttering sound from Auxy. Had the same problem since version 1, but it got worse in the new version

Does anybody else have the same problem?

• very generous update...all iAP's are part of the app now it seems, many thanks :)

• Did they make the midi free as well? I already bought it , I was just curious. Anyway, they snuck midi sync out in there too which is great!

• the whole thing is free now? i will never understand ios pricing strategies

but a really cool update.

auxy can sync now with gadget and even record volume, modulation and cutoff into gadget! nice!

unfortunately no sync with beathawk but that is most likely beathawks fault

• Why go free? Developer don't want money support? Or don't want to improve anymore? Or, Want to suck more players in till next update to recoup bigger wealth? I really don't want to know! I don't care, I don't care this is charity business or not! But why? DJ2, Fiidlewax, again this time, the Auxy!

No complain from me at all! Because next time Ferrari goes free, I won't buy in the future!
    I am afraid of the too fast and too furious to go free! I am Chick!

App indeed improved. Hope 6 tracks for better use.

• I am Chick!

• MIdi clock out is nice...

Sure that will be useful for something...

• @Matt_Fletcher_2000 said:
    MIdi clock out is nice...

Sure that will be useful for something...

Yep, you can sync SidTracker 64 to it. But unfortunately not Waldorf Attach. ;)

• @Segerfalk said:
    Waldorf Attach?

Ok, We will attach Waldorf to our subsidiary business! I agree! I like to see more K.O.

I like your voices more and more, Sergerfalk!

• @Kaikoo said:
    I like your voices more and more, Sergerfalk!

Thumbs up! I could have said it was the voice of Reason, but I'm not affiliated with Propellerheads ;)

• The new synth engine is wavetable(?) made in partnership with Sonic Charge ( Malström, Echobode)

• @Kaikoo said:
    Why go free? Developer don't want money support? Or don't want to improve anymore? Or, Want to suck more players in till next update to recoup bigger wealth? I really don't want to know! I don't care, I don't care this is charity business or not! But why? DJ2, Fiidlewax, again this time, the Auxy!

No complain from me at all! Because next time Ferrari goes free, I won't buy in the future!
    I am afraid of the too fast and too furious to go free! I am Chick!

App indeed improved. Hope 6 tracks for better use.

+1

• About more tracks:

We might consider adding more track in the future but right now we think it's a pretty good limitation for making it easier to be creative with the app.

• @yug said:

Also, I'm having a strange problem. When running just Auxy, it works and sounds fine. But when I start another MIDI-capable app like Thumbjam or bs-16i, I get heavily distorted and stuttering sound from Auxy. Had the same problem since version 1, but it got worse in the new version

Does anybody else have the same problem?

After reading your post I ran 4 channels of Auxy to the bs-16i with no problem. I tried it on my Mini 2 running the last version of iOS because I thought it would be something different that what you use.

• I bought the IAP's for this...oh well, I guess it make up for the Fiddlewax freebie...

• @mkell424 said:
    After reading your post I ran 4 channels of Auxy to the bs-16i with no problem. I tried it on my Mini 2 running the last version of iOS because I thought it would be something different that what you use.

Thanks for testing it!

The strangest thing is that it works fine when I run 4 channels to bs-16i, no problems at all, but I get a lot of stuttering when using only Auxy's synths and having bs-16i in the foreground, I mean w/o utilising MIDI out. The worst thing is that now I'm experiencing the same problem when running just Auxy though it's less noticeable.

I have iPad 2, iOS 8.3. I know it's old and slow but all other music apps I have, and I have lots of them, run just fine. I bought both IAPs (which are now free), so I'm kinda disappointed that Auxy became unusable for me

• actually, I think the midi iap still exists

what's a bit a pity is that the velocity editing disappeared? now there is only note by note one by one "softening" of velocity

• edited June 2015

@nick

No, the midi is definitely free. I never paid for it and now I can export midi and also midi control other synths with Auxy.

But the velocity editing did disappear. Maybe because it didn't feel as elegant a feature as the rest of Auxy.

• edited June 2015

I AM CHICK!

• This update is good big bananas for me. iM1 through Auxy into Gadget over many scenes being my latest noodle factory. Good now to have new sounds and some pump etc.

• It does work very nicely - Auxy + iM1 for drums and tinkles with Cyclop for bass and madness.

• syncing with Gadget works nicely but only seems to sync to beginning of song, not scenes? is there a way to change this? or best workaround this by temporarily rearranging scenes?

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    This update is good big bananas for me. iM1 through Auxy into Gadget over many scenes

Huh? So Auxy is sending midi to iM1? But then how does that get into Gadget? Or are you saying it's Auxy driving Darwin?

• Is this update IOS8 only? I can't get it on the UK store :-(

• @Oblique said:
    Is this update IOS8 only? I can't get it on the UK store :-(

Yes it is.. :(

• Yes ios8 or later only.

• edited June 2015

@BiancaNeve said:
    Yes ios8 or later only.

Noooooooooooooooooooo!

• Yes. Auxy running/playing Darwin. Sorry, I think of it as iM1 because I always seem to prepare the samples/patches first there and then open them for use in Darwin....it's just a lovely thing to be able to play without restriction....

• Smooth. I haven't given Darwin enough attention really. Too busy working on my SOTM which is using mostly just the old favourite Gadgets and Kingston (which has been a revelation).