Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Korg iM1: how to save/write program to User Card ?

2»

Comments

• @Pianokey88 said:

user cards, in contrast to library cards, are different for each program. try re-opening the program they were saced with and you might find them there

• @nick said:
    user cards, in contrast to library cards, are different for each program. try re-opening the program they were saced with and you might find them there

Are you saying I should have saved to Library? What are the User cards for? That's where the manual says to save your custom programs.

I can't re-open the programs. Most weren't factory presets anymore because I had changed some settings.

• sorry wasn't clear enough (i typed "program" when I meant "session") -- you can have different sessions in iM1. those are saved and reopened through the file menu. every session has its own set of programs in the user cards.

so one thing that may have happened in your case, you saved those programs/patches to user cards, and then started or opened a new session. then they're not available anymore until you open the session they were saved in.

this may or may not be the reason for your loss of programs, but it would be the first thing I'd try

• @nick said:

Thanks for the explanation, Nick. I didn't save any sessions. I guess I need to study the manual a little more. I'm not clear on the difference between saving to a user card, library card or a session. I didn't know that saving custom patches had to be saved in a session too to be preserved.

• It has been mentioned before, on korgforums.com -> downloads -> m1 there are ALoT of patches, took me some nights with my feet in'a bucket to go through...

• @Pianokey88 said:

oh, one other thing, if you haven't tried that yet: make sure you're in the right section, combi or multi or program. If you've saved patches as multi, they will not show up if you're in combi and vice versa

• Yeah, still not fully grasping this stuff. For example, let's say that I want to modify a program- maybe increase the Level in the OSC section. I increase the level, select File, Save As, rename it. Then WHERE does this modified file go, and how to I get it on my User Card?

• Just got the hang of saving and I believe it's better to save to library cards.

@LeesKeys said:
    Yeah, still not fully grasping this stuff. For example, let's say that I want to modify a program- maybe increase the Level in the OSC section. I increase the level, select File, Save As, rename it. Then WHERE does this modified file go, and how to I get it on my User Card?

• If one were to get iM1 on iPad then save some patches to the Library card, will they be copied over when sideloading iM1 as Darwin to Gadget on iPhone? Can they be copied over after the sideload has already been done?

• The saving/writing thing still just about kills me on iM1. Entirely my lack of aptitude apart from the bit that it's not anything like as straightforward as it bloody well should be.

• This thread has confused me. How does one save a patch so that it's always available?

• Saving an Instrument (program) to a card.
    1. Search for a preferred instrument from the main instrument list window
    2. When found, double tap instrument to edit its parameters. (The instrument name will appear in the display bar at the top.) Make your edits.
    3. Tap the instrument display bar to head back to the instrument list
    4. Tap “Write” on the horizontal menu just above the instrument list
    5. On the left side, select a card to write to. The images of cards can be moved right or left with your finger to show more cards to choose from. Not very intuitive.
    6. Select the preferred card
    7. Double tap the slot on the card you wish to save your modified instrument to
    8. Rename it if you like. Otherwise it will take the default name of the original instrument.
    9. Close the iOS keyboard. There...saved. Now tap “Write” to get out of write mode before you do anything else.

If you navigate back to your card, you’ll see your instrument saved in the slot.

During my stage performances at church, I use the iRig BlueBoard to switch between my saved instruments on my card. I haven’t figured out how to change between cards on the BlueBoard, but that’s another thread.

• @midia said:
    Saving an Instrument (program) to a card.
    2. When found, double tap instrument to edit its parameters. (The instrument name will appear in the display bar at the top.) Make your edits.
    5. On the left side, select a card to write to. The images of cards can be moved right or left with your finger to show more cards to choose from. Not very intuitive.
    8. Rename it if you like. Otherwise it will take the default name of the original instrument.
    9. Close the iOS keyboard. There...saved. Now tap “Write” to get out of write mode before you do anything else.

If you navigate back to your card, you’ll see your instrument saved in the slot.

During my stage performances at church, I use the iRig BlueBoard to switch between my saved instruments on my card. I haven’t figured out how to change between cards on the BlueBoard, but that’s another thread.

I just wanted to say Thank You!!!!

• @midia said:
    Saving an Instrument (program) to a card.

I just tried this and it doesn't work for me. When I hit return on the iOS keyboard nothing happened. I closed the keyboard and tapped "write" as suggested," but when I go back to the Library card where I tried to save, it's Init Prog.

Any idea what's happening?