Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

What is the best cleaner app for iPad Air 2

Comments

• RAM CLEANER?

• Haq over at thesoundtestroom did a vid on his favorite recently. Don't recall the name but have a look there

• https://itunes.apple.com/de/app/id615987910?mt=8

dont know if its good,
    but works to optimize RAM/JUNK/Cache....
    and free

• It's good, it's free for a bit then you have to buy it

• soft reset is good ram cleaner

• edited June 2015

I have iPad Air 2 and I use

• Smart Memory Lite (free)
    • Memory & Disk Scanner Pro (paid, can't remember the price)

The first free one is good for speeding it up, killing processes. The second app does that also but also deletes junk files (a few hundred MB happens) I am satisfied with both apps

• Jakob used iDoctor Device in his video
    iDoctor Device - Battery Memory Disk and System Maintenance by Phan Minh Nhut
    https://appsto.re/gb/joVl5.i

• I'm skeptical about the lot of these

• Come on you crazy boffins, does it/they work or not?

• iDoctor Memory refresh worked!
    Before running the app, i loaded iGrand and had like 20 megs of ram available. I did the memory refresh and got back like 208 megs. COOL!!!!!

THanks guys!

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Come on you crazy boffins, does it/they work or not?

• Forgot to mention, I used the free version with ads. But who cares, it works!

• @Musikman4Christ said:
    Forgot to mention, I used the free version with ads. But who cares, it works!

But only for a week.

@thesoundtestroom said:
    It's good, it's free for a bit then you have to buy it

• It said only if you used the disk cleaning feature. I'll check it out tho.

• edited August 2017

These things always struck me as playing to people's wishful imaginations for profit. I'm highly sceptical.

• iOS manages its own RAM. It tries to keep recently-used apps in RAM so they can launch faster, but if RAM gets tight, it dumps it for use by the foreground app. This is why, if you use a RAM-intensive app then switch to Safari, all the tabs need to reload. It’s because iOS reclaimed the RAM being used to store those pages.

Likewise, force-quitting apps means you have to “cold-boot” those apps the next time you launch them. That actually uses more battery power. So by killing apps you actually reduce battery life.

For us musicians, there are good reasons to force-quit apps — managing latency/buffer settings for example — but in general use you should let the OS manage it. It’s designed to do it, after all. This isn’t 1990, where humans still had to assign RAM to applications. iOS won’t run out of RAM. It’s very aggressive about taking it back when it needs it.

• @Glennhowardbroker said:

Cheaper Alternative

1. restart ipad periodically
    2. Install reinstall apps (...which use lot of buffer mem) ( of course after backing up)
      Works like a charm
  • @mayday6 said:
    I usually do that from computer via usb cable with the iOS Data Cleaner tool.

What is this IOS Data Cleaner Tool you speak about?