Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Jamstik + new app not working

Any help? It works fine with the other app jamstik connect. I tried with a cable even. Its confusing because it was wifi before and now its blue tooth and my jamstik has never shown up as bluetooth. Thanks Y'all. Oh, and by the way the cable method worked instantly with guitar capo so I know I had a good connect. The new app + has a tap mode so cable or not I need it!

Comments

• @oceansinspace have you bought the new jamstik+ hardware?

• Jesus -- what are you saying? My is outdated already.... NOAHAHAH

• I don't need that puc thing do i? That is so weak its like 120$ when it should be included.

• Oh my god. Those evil people. 2nd gen already. IT has tapping mode. I bout the jamstik for Tapping and it was unable to even though I could see that graphically it was reading each tap. I hoped for update, then blam. New jamstick, mine is outdated after a few months. Tragic. Murder was the case that they gave me, haha rap quote.

• Sorry to butt in @oceansinspace I believe that the 1st gen worked over wifi and the new 'plus' model works with Bluetooth. Don't own one.. Just what I heard

• Your right man, my (first gen) is wifi and works perfect for guitar playing. I was not "promised" a tapping mode but it was implied and I talked via the phone and it seemed very software oriented. Like when you use the app you can tap ala chapman stick and the screen lights up the fret you tapped but no sound. So its close right....Bam made a whole new guitar, makes no sense? I thought it tracked fine and the picking worked, even finger style. So The tap mode on the new model just murdered me you see...

• all i can say is this company kinda burned me.... unless they take a trade in im a lil pissy.

• Hi @oceansinspace - Matt from Zivix here. We decided on making the jamstik+ to take advantage of Apple's new BLE MIDI protocol released after iOS 8.1, and gave the picking system an upgrade while we were at it. The jamstik+ app has been specifically designed for the new model, as they each run off slightly different firmware settings so unfortunately it's not an easy process to add wifi compatibility. However, we do hope to update the original jamstik connect app to provide these new features at some point in the future. For now, If you want to access a tapping mode, you can hold down the, "enter" button on the d-pad on your WiFi model. I understand that this isn't the most ideal way to enter the mode, but it is there at this level. Please send me an email at [email protected] to discuss the best way to keep you a happy customer. Thank you!

-Matt

• OH my well that would be a-ok with me me! damn didn't know tap mode was ever present. Was I tripping? Thanks

• Hey while I have u here, whats up with midi cable feature. I have an iris midi cable that fits. This seems to work on one channel? Or what's up. Im exited to try tap mode, oh my god that's why I got the jamstik!

• >
    You may want to @mcannon so he gets a flag, or ask in an email... Hote for your question to go unanswered...

• Hi @oceansinspace - The MIDI Out port was put there for potential expansion in the future to talk directly with other MIDI devices such as an analog synth or something similar. Unfortunately for now, it's not supported and a special cable would have to be made for it's use. Let us know how you like Tap mode though, hopefully you enjoy!!

• Thanks my friend! I am gonna fire up the jamstik and my chapman stick and do some tapping! Dude the I rig cable worked a little bit ha I swear! I plugging into bass station 2 and got something. I think on one string... maybe get that rolling, but for now tap mode is awaiting!

• Thanks Matt for popping in. Good to see that zivix are interested in ensuring customer satisfaction.
    @oceansinspace- if only one string is sounding it probably means that you are transmitting on only one midi or your JS is transmitting on one string only per chanel. As with the older model if you press the OK button and then at the same time the right arrow key (together) it should tell the unit to play midi on all strings then it should come to life and play on all strings as expexted.
    I dont yet have the plus model but was very interested in trying one out. How does it compare to the wifi version? I always struggled with latency and usually use it wired.
    However i must say its my most played instrument at the moment and i use it most days.

Glad your happy, and thanks Matt!

Db

• Well, this could be a discovery if the iRig cable works; I am especially interested to see if dblonde's advice of switching between single channel and omni via the, (d-pad ENTER and d-pad RIGHT) held simultaneously has some effect. Anxious to hear the results! Thanks everyone else for your supplementary information! - Matt & jamstik Team

• Yo, sorry to be a downer but with tap mode I have to literally hold that center button down the whole time!? Please help me Im trying to tape it down or somehow keep that damn button depressed. It seemed to top good too, so this must be fix able. The tape won't hold. Im thinking of gasp putting a pin in there or paper clip. Ahhh so close....

I let you know about midi cable.... after this

• My ship sailed while I was at the airport......... Was there ever an upgrade offer for early wifi customers?