Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Using Figure to Loopy w/Audiobus

I'm trying to get my music from the app Figure to record into Loopy HD via Audiobus, but the tracks don't record properly. Beginning and endings are cut off when I listen to the recording in Loopy, and as far as I know, Loopy doesn't allow for trimming of recordings, so I'm stuck trying over and over to get the timing down. Is there a trick to get the timing of recordings to match more evenly? Thanks...

Comments

• did you set bpm in both apps properly?

• Alternatively you could just try using audiocopy and paste to copy the tracks out of figure and into Loopy... unless you're "playing live" in Figure...

• It is your settings on Loopy.

Not sure what IOS or Iphone/pad you are using.

I use Figure in AB into Loopy 3-5 times a week on the treadmill at the gym building 6-8 track compositions.

Loopy can get turn you around sometimes if not ultra familiar with it.

Re-read manual and watch tutorial.

• edited June 2015

@RustiK said:
    I use Figure in AB into Loopy 3-5 times a week on the treadmill at the gym building 6-8 track compositions.

Er. This I a) would like to see the video of and b) would def. like to know what sort of tunes come out. Spend time on treadmills myself and apart from watching MMA or listening to poetry (I know, I vary...) I have tried sampling while running (sounds mostly like disappointing sex without the sex), but always wished I could 'make use of that time' better....do tell more.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Er. This I a) would like to see the video of and b) would def. like to know what sort of tunes come out. Spend time on treadmills myself and apart from watching MMA or listening to poetry (I know, I vary...) I have tried sampling while running (sounds mostly like disappointing sex without the sex), but always wished I could 'make use of that time' better....do tell more.

Let me develop this video idea and bring it to reality.

This will be a sex video as well.

With no sex.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

Treadmill Figure:

• @RustiK Nice. Vaguely Celtic. Skwirling and all. So, how does this work? Are you jogging, running, walking, going up an incline? Does your pace influence the beat? On your Phone or a Pad? Details man, I am intensely interested in where the Devil lives...

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    RustiK Nice. Vaguely Celtic. Skwirling and all. So, how does this work? Are you jogging, running, walking, going up an incline? Does your pace influence the beat? On your Phone or a Pad? Details man, I am intensely interested in where the Devil lives...

When I have time later on I will give this the full attention it deserves.

I love talking about myself. Don't we all?

;-)

• Definition of a bore: Someone who won't shut up when I want to talk about me :)

• edited June 2015

@RustiK

Is that avatar photo yours? I just bought TC-11, so cool! I will stay with it for long! It quite matches to Figure! It has auto arp, so you can chain it to AB with your Turnado and DFX! We have common sense, don't feel bothered by Dr. Good-fingerless!

• @Kaikoo said:
    RustiK

Is that avatar photo yours? I just bought TC-11, so cool! I will stay with it for long! It quite matches to Figure! It has auto arp, so you can chain it to AB with your Turnado and DFX! We have common sense, don't feel bothered by Dr. Good-fingerless!
    @Kaikoo said:
    RustiK

I literally was just about to make a thread to ask about TC-11! I saw their new one but I didn't know about their old one.

You mean it is like Figure or it controls Figure?

That's me.

I wouldn't go as far as saying I have common sense.........................

Formal education - check
    Street smart - check

Common sense....................eahhhh

• edited June 2015

@RustiK said:

Figure provides many kind of background music! Play together with TC-11 is good combination. I never want to step into TC-11 world untill today's TC-Performer launching! Now I know many of the presets is coming from TC-11 after I bought it! I can tell you it surprises me more than I have known it! Many TC-11 arp presets can performed more like human playing by your fingers moving! Not like the arp apps! Seamless sensations feeling better than keyboard playing when you move the fingers.

• @Kaikoo, we must start a two-man traveling show, take it on the road and make it pay. I demand we be known as the Seamless Sensations!. What could possibly go wrong? Perhaps add a saw-the-lady-in-half finale if things really take off....

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Kaikoo, we must start a two-man traveling show, take it on the road and make it pay. I demand we be known as the Seamless Sensations!. What could possibly go wrong? Perhaps add a saw-the-lady-in-half finale if things really take off....

Circus !............ We are.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Kaikoo, we must start a two-man traveling show, take it on the road and make it pay. I demand we be known as the Seamless Sensations!. What could possibly go wrong? Perhaps add a saw-the-lady-in-half finale if things really take off....

3 Oscillator Circus and freak show.
    Step right up!

We have :
    "Saw"tooth Lady
    Sine language translating clownns
    The human drum
    "WOOFer" boy

Flying so high o the "TRAP"eze

and FUCKING ANIMALS

Circus may have left town--------------------------

--------

-
    But the monkey is still on our backs.

• @RustiK said:
    But the monkey is still on our backs.

Captain @Kaikoo I think we just found our Ringmaster.....

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Captain Kaikoo I think we just found our Ringmaster.....

Sleeping, You organize, I am gonna read TC-11 sub-diving instruction manual tomorrow!

• OH NOW YOU WANT TO SLEEP!

Oops. Drift well Captain.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Definition of a bore: Someone who won't shut up when I want to talk about me :)

This diddy is from last night at the gym.

Figure only. Done on IPhone on Elliptical cardio piece

Speed : 4.5 Alt. 4.0 (if treadmill 4-5.0 mph and 3.5-4.0incline)

IPhone in right hand. Left hand holds on and/or taps on cardio piece as to establish a beat.

1st rule of cardio studio production ------ an idea.

I look at the TVs up front and look at rows of various cable news outlets showing all the madness going on in the world. That is where the cardio song seed is planted.

I then open Figure in AB on IPhone. (This song only is Figure - so I didn't need to record into Loopy - etc.)

I start with some high hats. I then envision the sound of the story or on screen blurb of a particular news story.

This one is about the reprobate who murdered the people in the S.Carolina church. The beat is the sonic interpretation of the gunfire. The bass is the prayer of the faithful as they prayed one last time, knowing they were about to leave this earth. The lead is the screams of the horrified and the chaos in so many hearts.

I then may take this and further it into a larger idea on the IPad later on that night.

• edited June 2015

Very Good! Our circus ringman! I like the song after your interpretation.

@JohnnyGoodyear will say "I don't give a damn".

• @Kaikoo said:

JohnnyGoodyear will say "I don't give a damn".
    @Kaikoo said:-gu

JohnnyGoodyear will say "I don't give a damn".

Thanks Kai-guy!

• @RustiK

Very interesting. Always interested to know where the nudge to make things comes from.

On a point of linguistic order I'd have to disagree or take issue with your use of the word reprobate which I think is commonly defined as an unprincipled person (often used humorously or affectionately) although I might agree with the more archaic Calvinist version which is a sinner who is not of the elect and is predestined to damnation but then I don't necessarily agree with the notion of sin (as a secularist). But, I digress....

My regular/normal speed on the treadmill is 7 which seems to work out (sic) to about 168 BPM, but then that's largely defined by stride-length (I'm 6'4"). More worryingly, I'm also somewhat clumsy and fear serious injury using the phone while cantering along. I could see setting the iPad up and working on a beat, maybe with some severe help from the quantize function maybe....

What I find most interesting is the banks of accursed monitors. I can see that they would provide a strong 'feel'. Truth is I find that when running I have two overwhelming schools of thought that compete in my mind, either "The pain, please stop!" or "I am all powerful, bow down before me!" I typically run five or six miles and find that miles 1, 3, 4 and 5 are all about the pain. Mile 2 is usually pretty good and if I make it through and keep on going Mile 6 usually delivers the delusional high feeling. I think you've given me an idea for a concept album. Depends what's on the telly, I guess :)

And I do love Figure, and can see it might be well disposed for this kind of effort, but I agree with other recent sentiments that it does end up a bit samey. I wonder what other apps one might utilize in this way...? Lord knows (said the secularist) that I'm always looking for a trick to distract myself (and those voices) while trundling along....

• Nice tracks @rustik, cool to hear such different sounds coming out of figure.

I've also been jamming while exercising the past couple of months. I do it while walking my dog up Mount Royal here in Montreal (it's called a mountain but more of a big hill/park area). Round trip is about 10k and 90-120 minutes, my walking pace is around 110bpm.

I've been loading figure and DM1 loops in to iKaossilator but loopy sounds like a good option I've been meaning to try out. Sometimes I'll take a break and load some things in to BM2 but it's really small and fiddly to use on the go. For BM2 I'll usually just loop a chord progression then work on some sounds or arpeggios in another synth like sunrizer or grain science. I'm finding being outside in nature really inspiring and I can focus much better without the distractions of home.