Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audiobus and cubasis bug

Hi, when i am trying to insert cubasis as an input into audiobus , cubasis is getting an error launching , anybody get this problem too, please helppppp

Comments

• LFSLFS
    edited June 2015

Hi Dansam,

We have reached the release candidate phase with our upcoming Cubasis update that will include iOS 64-bit support, new features next to fixes/improvements for many user-reported issues.

Please make sure to provide me with the exact steps asap in order to give your issue a repro at our end.
    Furthermore please let me know if additional components (hardware etc.) are involved.

A quick check (launch Audiobus, insert Cubasis RC as input) worked fine both on iPad 3 / iPad Air.

Thanks,
    Lars

• @LFS said:
    We have reached the release candidate phase with our upcoming Cubasis update that will include iOS 64-bit support, new features next to fixes/improvements for many user-reported issues.

Oo oo, exciting!

• Hi,

I have ipad air 2 with scarlett 18i8, i am lanching audibus then hit the cubasis icon within audiobuss, cubasis start loading and quicks with error but still shows in the background but is not sending audio into audiobus and an "error" word is found in the audiobus input

Please assist

Thanks

• LFSLFS
    edited June 2015

Hi Dansam,

I've checked back with my Focusrite contact to give it a repro with the latest available Cubase release candidate.
    Please give the same steps another try at your end without connected hardware and let me know about the results.

Will keep you informed once Focusrite provides me with their results.

Thanks
    Lars

• Amongst all the other chatter Cubasis has been taking a bit of a back seat of late. I'm not a regular user, but how cool would it be if they blew things out of the water? :)

• @LFS said:
    Hi Dansam,

I've checked back with my Focusrite contact to give it a repro with the latest available Cubase release candidate.
    Please give the same steps another try at your end without connected hardware and let me know about the results.

Will keep you informed once Focusrite provides me with their results.

Thanks
    Lars

Hi,

I tried it without the scarlett all worked fine , cubasis opened within audiobus without error, strange .. Cubasis work fine as standalone, the error is generated when using cubasis within audiobus with scarlett, please advise
    Thx

• LFSLFS
    edited June 2015

Hi Dansam,

The upcoming Cubasis update will include a fix for the following issue, that sounds very similar to yours:

CB-2093 Fixes a problem where the use of Audiobus in connection with an external audio interface rendered Cubasis unreliable

As mentioned above I've asked Focusrite to give the issue a smoke test with our latest Cubasis release candidate (since we're not equipped with a scarlett 18i8 in-house). While we'll have to wait for their feedback, I see good changes the issue will be fixed by CB-2093 to be released with the next Cubasis update.

Best,
    Lars

• @Lars - any other sneaky previews? Is it an incremental update to improve stability or are we jumping to version 2.0 with some fresh bells and whistles?

• LFSLFS
    edited June 2015

@xen said:
    Lars - any other sneaky previews? Is it an incremental update to improve stability or are we jumping to version 2.0 with some fresh bells and whistles?

Hi xen,

As written earlier the update will focus on iOS 64-bit support, new features and many user-requested improvements and bugfixes. Apart from the information given, I'm sorry for not being able to share more details here since it's our philosophy to announce updates (including feature sets) once they become available.

Best,
    Lars

• @Lars

I understand, but you can't blame a guy for some opportunistic fishing :)

I'm looking forward to seeing where you guys are taking it next.