Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New Album -made with steel tongue drums and the iPad

edited June 2015 in Creations

I used Gadget heavily but Alchemy and Samplr also played an important roll to produce the atmospheric feel of the album. Here's a short promo featuring the tongue drums as well as other apps I used.

Comments

• And you can check out my entire album here http://elibazini.bandcamp.com/album/machinations

• Nice video and nice collection of gear! Now on to the album...

• Five songs in and it's sounding great - some wonderful ambient/chillwave vibes. A few questions if you don't mind...

1. What tuning is your drum in?
    2. Did you capture it with both the pick-up and the mic? Did you wind up using one or the other more?
    3. Where are the vocals in Nuages from? They're quite lovely.
  • Thank you, syrupcore. I'm glad you enjoyed it. And thanks for the questions.

1. I have an Idiopan (made in USA) and at the moment it's tuned to E minor. As you might know, you can tune it to different scales with the help of magnets. It also has pick-ups as you seem to be aware of. The other is a Zagdrum (made in France). No pick-ups and it's tuned to D minor.

2. The Idiopan has a deeper, long lasting tone. Great for slower, introspective tunes. And even though I used the pick-up, I found it necessary to also use a mic to capture a more complete, clear sound. I ended up using the Zagdrum more because it lends itself more to fast rhythms and melodies. Plus it translates better and the notes just stand out more in the mix.

3. The vocals in Nuages and in Crystal Cave are from my wife. Thank you, she'll be pleased to hear your compliment. Believe it or not, the vocals in Nuages were recorded on the iPad as scratch tracks. I ended up keeping them since they just fitted so well with the rest of the sound.

• Wow- Really impressive!
    And now I need one of those drums...!

• Great thx for sharing this wonderfull work....

If you like the way to play maybe this is interesting for you too:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2101519704/oval-the-first-digital-handpan

Cant wait to try it, have hang / tank / sun - pans and like to fall into this art of playing these instruments...

• @Zymos said:
    Wow- Really impressive!
    And now I need one of those drums...!

Thanks, Zymos. Get one!

• @obiwahnkentobi said:
    Great thx for sharing this wonderfull work....

If you like the way to play maybe this is interesting for you too:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2101519704/oval-the-first-digital-handpan

Cant wait to try it, have hang / tank / sun - pans and like to fall into this art of playing these instruments...

Thanks obiwahnkentobi! You seem to have a nice collection of pans there. I was very interested in the hang at some point but gave up on it. In the end I fell in love with the tongue drum.

Yes, the Oval is pretty interesting. I saw it being announced last year and seemed intriguing.

And thanks for sharing that video. It has a nice grove to it.

• @Zymos did you make up your mind yet?

Here's a closer look at the pickup system of the Idiopan in case you were interested. It's very sturdy and unobtrusive.

• Ordered yesterday- a 10 note w/pickups. Should ship in 3-4 weeks. Thanks for the pics.

• Congratulations! You won't regret it. Those drums are solid and well made.

• @moonstring thanks for the answers.

@zymos, Congratulations for sure. I'm a little jealous. I spent a long night playing someone's http://www.kaizensteeldrums.com drum and fell in love. Need to pull the trigger.

• Thanks- it's fun to spend $$ on something that is not a synth or sampler once in a while!

I have a Pod X3 that's been collecting dust for a while (haven't had the room to set up the whole electric guitar rig)- NOW I know what I'm going to do with it. Though it'll be great to be able to go out in the yard and play unplugged too.

• @syrupcore you're welcome. Those things are addictive. I remember the first week I got my first drum I couldn't put it down. Those kaizen look good too.

@zymos the sonic possibilities are endless with those fx. Not to mention what you can do on the iPad if you sample them. But the soothing sound Al Natural is great too.

• Beautiful, soothing, but consistently engaging. The kind of music that forgives you for occasionally drifting in and out of focus and rewards you every time you wander back into the room.

I agree your wife's voice is lovely, and that windup to the end run on Firefly is just gorgeous gorgeousity. Thanks for sharing :)

• @eustressor thank you so much for your kind words. I'm glad you liked the album. I put a lot of love and effort into it and the best reward one can get is to know people enjoy it.

• I think a lot of forum members will enjoy this, so ... BUMP!

• @eustressor -thanks for the bump. I think the title might have turned some people off, not everyone is into tongue drums ;) But the truth is that this album is not just about the tongue drum but an exploration of the steel tongue drum and its sonic possibilities. I think there's a good balance between the tongue drum and synths, this is after all an electronic album.

By the way, I've been getting a lot of positive feedback and support for this album, and even though it's free (or name your price), most people have chosen to pay. It will remain this way till the end of June, then it'll be a minimum of $7. I wanted to give a big thank you to those who've bought it from this forum and from discchord, and for all the nice comments and messages I've received.

This forum has been instrumental to the completion of this album. I've gotten lots of good info and tips from the AB community. So as a thank you (and if you want it, of course), the album is still free for a few more days.

Cheers

• Fantastic and congratulations!
    I m on a similar project working on handpan sounds + Ableton + iOS app.
    Let me finalize it, and I ll post a soundcloud.

• @Ollimac73 -Thank you. I'm happy to hear you're working on a similar project. Please let us know, I'd love to check it out.

Is this project also in the electronic genre? And are you mastering on the iPad or on the desktop?

• Thanks moonstring! Of course, I ll post it, and would be great to share ideas on this.....just look at the coming Oval! Great addition.
    It is EDM based, Chill-Out genre....some samples are iOS and the Production is done with Ableton.

• edited October 2016

@moonstring , do you happen to have some inputs for this steel drum http://ufodrum.net/ ?Thanks! Love the featured track you shared here by the way.