Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Bitwiz bus-updated

Hey all, my favourite noisegenerator/-manipulator has just been updated with full Audiobus-support (input-filter-output-slot!) and some bugfixes,
https://itunes.apple.com/de/app/bitwiz-audio-synth/id522046655?l=en&mt=8
Much gratitude goes to the developer

Comments

• Thanks! Here's an example playing a loop with AudioShare through BitWiz:

Here's the bitwiz code used:

// input fx dronecrush
    r = 4,
    (t%255)/3 + (t%257)/3 + (t*(1+x/2+c*5)%128)/5 | i&y 

• Copying the code :)

Thanks!

• Should make a library of effect slot presets for it. Similar to Audulus, people have made specific presets for effect slot

• BitWiz in the effects slot?

I know what I'll be doing this afternoon!

• Hi. Does anybody use bitwiz at the Effect slot? It is not working for me, the sound from the input slot can't be heard. Any help? Thanks.

• @PKTX: Input is passed in through the i variable, so only codes that make use of i will function as effects. You can edit any existing code and add |i or &i at the end and see what happens.

• I threw together a demo video showing how it works:

• Thank you, J-liljedahI

• edited May 2013

Yes thank you. This actually got me into the app and going through a bunch of presets add "|i" to the end and *x|y also and playing around with diff numbers. My biggest struggle is finding a use for the app...or even how to use it via writing my own equations... Here's a cool one i modified to work with the X/Y Pad and it sounded good with a drum beat.

// echo loop process

(v=(t%200>>(v+c))&145)(t>>9)|ix|y

• Another question: how do you set the midi? I haven't been able to make any other app hook to bitwiz. I tried the "learn" thing and changed the cc, but got nothing. Thanks

• @PKTX: bitwiz listens to all midi devices, including virtual devices. So any other app that has a virtual midi output should be able to send to bitwiz.

• I probably don't even want to know, but is there a beginner's guide to the theories behind the equations used to manipulate this?

• Yea I'm in the same boat with @Michael_R_Grant. Is there a BitWiz for Dummies. Between does adding a few minor things to the already made equations I'm completely lost...even just basic cheat sheet of the simple things and ways to expand

• There's a lot of info on the web if you search for beatbyte and on Kymatica's site. One thing I wasn't aware of...

"Just swipe with two fingers and let BitWiz randomly generate the code for you!"

• Yes, as @funjunkie27 says, there's a lot about it on the net. Except it's called "bytebeat", not the other way around :)

Here's some basics: http://kymatica.com/Software/BitWiz#howto

But I think most people find the most fun with the bytebeat technique simply by messing around and seeing what happens. It's very hard to predict the resulting sounds, so it's more suitable for exploration than realizing ideas. It's more like you "find" good sounding codes, not that you "engineer" them.

You need to understand the basic syntax though, which of course is easier for those with some programming background. But it's basically just like a calculator with variables, and you use parenthesis to group expressions. And I've tried to make BitWiz display smart error messages when the syntax isn't right.

• Must be dyslexic today!

• @j_liljedahl - thank you and the error messages are super helpful and pretty accurate from what I've seen. Tells you when your missing a parenthesis or closing symbol and etc...thanks!

• Does bitwiz have a vim mode?

• edited May 2013

sorry. :q but I'll be here all week.