Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cubasis transfer to Desktop Cubase

edited April 2013 in Support and Feedback

Is anyone using Cubasis together with a desktop version of Cubase? I'd be interested in your views - which version are you using, does the transfer process work well, what does the desktop version give you that Cubasis doesn't? Any and all views and advice welcomed!

Comments

• Using Cubase version 6.5 Mac - works well with some caveats. It's a little clunky: if you only want to transfer one project, zip it in media bay and use the Cubasis wifi server or iTunes to transfer. You can also just copy the entire Projects folder in iTunes, its not that bad - I've got fifteen projects on the go and it only takes a few minutes to copy the whole batch. The transfer is one-way - once you transfer the project to the desktop and open in Cubase, you cannot export it back to Cubasis and import. However nothing is stopping you from creating a new project in Cubasis and importing the tracks modified in Cubase one by one. Once imported into desktop Cubase it's fine; if you've used Cubasis virtual instruments they will be mapped to their closest equivalent in Cubase, which is sometimes quite different sounding. The desktop version of Cubase is a complete and very mature DAW - full automation, complete midi implementation, more and better effects and instruments, finer control of parameters etc. Cubasis has a history of being a light or junior version of Cubase - I have a PC version from about a decade or more ago that is midi-only and limited track count for example.

• Thanks for the reply. I actually have an old PC version of Cubasis but have been looking at updating it so that I can transfer projects to give them a final polish! And although plenty here are using Ios Cubasis, I'd not seen much comment on transferring the projects. I just downloaded the trial version of Cubase Elements 6.5 so we'll see how it goes.

• edited June 2013

Thanks, yes that was what I was talking about. Do you use it and how well does it work?

• I just bought the new Cubase Elements 7 and managed to import a simple project from Cubasis with no issues.

• Try to import a CUBASIS song to the desktop verion of CUBASE that has at least one of the tracks that has used AUDIOBUS as an input...

• Thanks GN