Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

SynthX

Here's a good candidate for AB. Syntax. Also compatible with Ion AllStar Guitar.
http://www.wayoutware.com/synthx/

Comments

• I like this synth, reminds me of good old ARPs like the Odyssey.
    It sounds pretty warm for a digital app, its filters are really cool.

• edited April 2013

I've being playing around with it on my nephews ion AllStar guitar. Absolutely awesome playing chords on fret and controlling sounds and effects multitouch. Gotta get this one on the bus. Oh, and gotta get my nephew another all star guitar. Lol

• Agreed...great candidate.

• I like SynthX, it sounds good and the interface rewards attempts at expressive playing. Seem to remember however that it was a bit of a CPU hog, but maybe that was before we had access to as much firepower :) Still it would be nice to see it on the bus.

• I really wish synth x wwould get on board. This was one of the first ipad synths i got and i love the interface for playing and controlling other apps but without the bus and only being able to audiopaste it's really limited. BTW shout out to mgmg on EIE reccommendation - thanx

• I agree, good synth. Actually, the best analogue emulation for iPad I know (as you know, analogue emulations are not the same as sample- or wavetable-based synths). And the MIDI output with polyphonic Aftertouch (Pressure) for the y-axis is quite unique, too, and is already integrated (no $5 IAP like in other apps). For me also one of my first synths, and yet unrivalled for sound and playability together.

• +1 for SynthX I play a midi guitar with the guitar patches, and its awesome integration. I'm sure this will eventually board the Bus. You're welcome @Liphippy. Love the EIE.

• Great synth! Love the sound the retro interface.

I don't know much about midi, does SynthX do virtual midi? I know it has some kind of midi but I wasn't able to play it with Thesys.

• I only saw core midi mentioned in the description.

• It does have virtual midi out, not sure about in.

• I see. Thanks.

Don't know witch one would be better: if this got Audiobus or if Arturia made an ipad version of their ARP 2600 V.