Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

An iOS music article by myself

Dj Boom is based in Coventry Uk and has started a music blog. They wanted me to write a little something for it about iOS music, and here it is:

http://www.djboompresents.com/#!ios-music-apps-come-of-age/cq5v

Comments

• Totally agree & as a newbie, listening to your track I'm amazed at the quality & sounds you've created. Sure your article & demo will convince their readership to "have a go."

• Great article! I definitely agree that you do everything iniOS. It's cool to see you are a CakeWalk user. I have a good friend that has been using that for over 15 years. It was one the first MIDI suquences on the market back in the 80s.

• Thanks man! Since I got gadget , I've slowed right down and focused exclusively on quality. Have to, my stuff is for dancefloors with massive PA systems lol

@Bluepunk said:
    Totally agree & as a newbie, listening to your track I'm amazed at the quality & sounds you've created. Sure your article & demo will convince their readership to "have a go."

• Thanx dude, I've not got z3ta tho, I only use gadget for my dancefloor stuff. I mentioned z3ta as it would appeal to the sceptics!!!

@mkell424 said:
    Great article! I definitely agree that you do everything iniOS. It's cool to see you are a CakeWalk user. I have a good friend that has been using that for over 15 years. It was one the first MIDI suquences on the market back in the 80s.

• edited June 2015

@touchconspiracy I've had my eye on the z3ta for a long time now and I see it as being one of the "top of the line" synths like the Nave. I've just been waiting for it to go on sale.

• It will never go on sale that one mate..do u have cyclop?

@mkell424 said:
    touchconspiracy I've had my eye on the z3ta for a long time now and I see it as being one of the "top of the line" synths like the Nave. I've just been waiting for it to go on sale.

• @touchconspiracy said:
    It will never go on sale that one mate..do u have cyclop?

I don't have cyclop yet but it's on my list. I'm getting back into the game after a long hiatus so I'm building up my arsenal. I just bought a Novation LaunchKey to use as a controller but I sent it back for store credit because Novation is coming out with a new one that has RGB pads that work well with Ableton.

Basically I'm looking at doing 99% of my work on the iPad and then exporting audio into clips for the final stages. The iPad is number one for me because of its' touch UI and the low cost of the apps. Plus there are things you can do on the iPad that you can't on desktop. I'm in the beginning stages of trying to figure out a good workflow. :)

• Great, look forward to ur output/ creations!

I envy you, it's always exciting at first this..the sheer joy of new apps

@mkell424 said:

• edited June 2015

@touchconspiracy said:
    Great, look forward to ur output/ creations!

I envy you, it's always exciting at first this..the sheer joy of new apps

Thanks man. I'm a long way from the finished product and its' hard to get time to have fun with music whith all of the long hours at work and social commitments and hanging out with friends, but I'll get there. :)