Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

IRig Keys Promotion

edited April 2013 in General App Discussion

Although not strictly an Audiobus topic, I am sure that this may be of interest to many here. IK Multimedia are running a promotion where they are offering free VST instruments with the number available depending on the number of iRig Keys sales. This is already up to 3 free instruments from between Sampletank XL, Sonic Synth 2, Miroslav Philharmonic, SampleMoog and SampleTron. The promotion ends April 30 so if you are interested, you need to get it soon. More details here:
http://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/?item_id=2464

Comments

• Yea I dove in already, ha!

• Ahh sooooo tempting... Anyone have it, thoughts?

• I got it the other day, hence the post. The iRig Keys itself is good, 3 octaves which I find more useful than shorter keyboards, velocity sensitive with adjustable response, pitch bend, mod wheel and a volume control which can be set to a user definable midi cc. It accepts sustain pedal or foot controller too. It comes with a lead to connect direct to an iPhone or iPad with 30-pin connector and a cable to connect to a Pc or Mac USB. I have noticed that sometimes I have to reconnect it to get apps to recognise it. It is mini-keys rather than full sized but they are very playable.

There is probably not that much on its own to distinguish it from many other midi keyboard controllers out there, but if the Virtual Instrument package is of interest then it is a great deal! Another way to look at it is you are buying SampleTank XL and getting a couple of other heavyweight VIs AND a hardware midi keyboard thrown in!

• Just an update to the link that @PhilW provided, since his link didn't work for me....

http://www.ikmultimedia.com/magnumvi/

Pretty interesting, but I'm looking for an explanation for my wife on why I need four keyboards...especially since I'm more of a guitarist!

• @funjunkie27 Your excuse can be to buy me one because I don't have any!

• @JMSexton - sure! You can pick it up at my place whenever you're ready ;-)

• I'm down...send me the coordinates!

• That would be 90• N and the longitude doesn't matter ;-)

• Holy crap your Santa!

• Mrs. Claus always busts my balls with the toy accumulations ;-)

• "I've had that one for ages, but just dug it out again from the garage 'cos this guy called Phil said on a forum that I could hook it up to my iPad."