Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

ChordPolyPad : Info

I just want to confirm that with this app I can play entire chords by pressing 1 key or pad on a midi keyboard?

Second, is there any other apps as good as this or better to provide this function?

I love StepPolyArp and think this would make life easier.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• I personally love CPP, its probably one of my favorite apps of all time up there with Thumbjam (works great with TJ too!). I'm almost positive you can set it up to trigger chords by playing one key on an external midi keyboard but I don't use it that way myself. The manual is available at http://laurentcolson.com/chordpolypad.html
    Doug did a video of it when it was first released if it's still around.
    One nice thing is it's universal on both iPhone and iPad and your presets can be linked via icloud so they show up on both devices.

I play it with the 16 on screen pads which can be expanded to full screen. You can set up vertical and horizontal cc control on each pad and each pad can send on a different channel so you can use different synth apps etc.
    The dev is highly responsive and usually answers emails in a few hours.

Highly recommended!!

• I can confirm that yes you can trigger chords from CPP (either internal sounds in the app or routed out via-MIDI), via-an external MIDI controller.

• You can even strum/arpeggiate chords with one finger

• You can map the pads to keys with midibridge and play a chord with one key that way

This works well with drum pad controllers too.

Cpp into spa is a great combination

• @yowza said:
    I personally love CPP, its probably one of my favorite apps of all time

+1

• @BiancaNeve said:
    You can map the pads to keys with midibridge and play a chord with one key that way

This works well with drum pad controllers too.

You don't need Midibridge to do this. The app's own MIDI should work. love the drum pad idea, hadn't thought about that. I'm gonna setup an MPC1000 program to control CPP this week! Thanks!

• I appreciate all the help.

I am looking forward to using 1key or 1 pad to trigger chords.

Thanks folks!

• You don't need Midibridge to do this. The app's own MIDI should work. love the drum pad idea, hadn't thought about that. I'm gonna setup an MPC1000 program to control CPP this week! Thanks!

From memory the pads in CPP respond to midi fairly low down the range using midibridge lets you bring it up a couple of octaves also lets you choose which keys press which pads

• It's 128 pads though, so it should go through the full range. Conversely you can set up the chords you want in the last 4 pad banks in CPP so you don't have to mess with MIDIBridge.

Or use an 88 key controller :D (that's my solution)

• 128 chords huh, wish I knew that many :)

• hehe if ya did, you wouldn't need the app! :D (I sure as hell need it, I'm music theory illiterate)

This segues into one of my favorite features in CPP, it's random chord generator. The way it's implemented in CPP is excellent and great for getting ideas.

• Chords in GuitarCapo+ can be trigged by MIDI notes in Pad Mode:

• i bought CPP a few days ago & love it so much that I bought the dev's steppolyarp as an extra thank you, but now i'm pleasantly surprised with that one, too. amazing stuff for someone like me who can't play anything the normal way.

• I want to thank all for recomm CH-P_P

It was an app I just never got around to.

I bought it and think it was a worth while purchase. I can see it is going to take some getting used to and learn it.

Is there any tutorial vids in particular besides STRoom anyone recommends? I hate to waste time learning something on my own when I can get it instantly from another user.

Thanks

• Go to the developers website there are a few videos there, not so much tutorials but I picked up a few new things watching them (the link is in my previous post). I think the music app blog guy did a nice review too and he always goes into a lot of detail so search on google and you can find that. Hope that helps!

• @tonappas said:

I have seen it, this is the GuitarCapo+ advantage. I use it with Synthmaster many times. Great midi stuff!

• @Kaikoo said:
    I have seen it, this is the GuitarCapo+ advantage. I use it with Synthmaster many times. Great midi stuff!

You're right. Playing the SM Santoor through GC+ is a good fit.

• Haha, you there! safety first, brother! nice trip!

• edited June 2015

@Kaikoo said:

I'm afraid not my friend. Safe yes, but at the wrong delayed destination. FX: CLUSTERFUCK. Hard to type too much for now, typed already a quick overview:

http://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comment/138121/#Comment_138121

Bad storms, Slow going. I think we will give up on The Europe maybe. Over and out for now.

• @Kaikoo said:

He must really love us................................. he can't let go.

• @JohnnyGoodyear

You know! Without your voice, This forum feeling like no liquidity on financial trading market!

• @JohnnyGoodyear

So Audiobus forum must give you a special seat and VIP badge. Audiobus forum will maintain that liquidity order similar like futures arbitrage brokerage special seat at futures exchange.

• @Kaikoo said:
    JohnnyGoodyear

So Audiobus forum must give you a special seat and VIP badge. Audiobus forum will maintain that liquidity order similar like futures arbitrage brokerage special seat at futures exchange.

Only difference is most on this forum sell high and buy higher.

rimshot

• edited June 2015

@RustiK said:

I think iPad music maket is selling low and buy lower! As said, today GuitarCapo+ example, It is possible big profits for developer, globally speaking.

• Is it possible to have two separate sets of pads send Midi data to say channel 1 and another to channel 2?

I was able to get Cubasis chord pads to send chords to MidiBAND on midi channel 1, but since there's only one keyboard I couldn't send variation changes thru channel 2 simultaneously.

If I went to channel 2 it did send variation changes. So I wonder if this is possible.

@RustiK said:
    I just want to confirm that with this app I can play entire chords by pressing 1 key or pad on a midi keyboard?

Second, is there any other apps as good as this or better to provide this function?

I love StepPolyArp and think this would make life easier.

Thanks in advance.

• edited June 2015

That's possible. Each pad has its own possible MIDI settings if you want it that way. When the pad is highlighted, to the right where it says Pad MIDI Out, that's specific to the highlighted pad. You click on where it says "Main Midi out / Main Channel" and you can set the output and channel for that pad specifically. I don't think it has bank specific, just pad specific or for all pads.

Oh, and on the top right, make sure you're on the "Pad" section (where it says Pad/Control/Library/Random)

• So each pad can be a full chord?
    Or a single note?
    If so, then that would work great.

• you can set each pad to be either a single note or a chord. It's really great how much independent control you have over each pad.

• Has this app ever gone on sale? Price is kind of steep imho.

• CPP is indispensable, but just so you know Yamaha Synth Arp and Drum Pad can do the same thing. Also a nice program, just sayin'...