Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

korg gadget - 2001

1 x London

1 x Bilbao... samples from "a space odyssey"

12 x Darwin (m1)

Comments

• Creepy in a good way. And good use of often heard vocal samples. What did you spend the 12 iterations of Darwin on?

• this was my first experiment with darwin, I tried not to use any other gadget, except London and Bilbao.

• Very creative and sounds great!

• thank you

• edited June 2015

@aggrobube said:

Very nice. I like the track.

So how did you find Darwin? How many of the patches did you craft yourself in iM1 (vs just using the presets?).

I have had a go at creating stuff in iM1 from scratch (well, from 2 sound samples). I find you can make ceratin types of things fairly easily... pads I guess. Sometimes it feels/sounds a little muddy and muted to my ear. I also found I had to try really hard to make sure all the pads didn't come out sounding too similar (since every time you are generally applying a number of effects and modulations to a very short sample source).

It's fun though - and i'm getting better at setting patches up so they have the max amount of tweakability in Gadget. E.g. set the cutoff and res to 50% in iM1 that way your +50 and -50 dial in Darwin has the most 'impact'. At least that's what i've found...

The tremello effect set to max depth can also be useful to allow you turn it up and sort of 'glitch' the patch in Darwin.

Tricks like that I've found can help push it...

• Thanks! :-)
    My english is not very well :-) (I am from germany)
    I have similar expieriences with darwin like you.
    I just used the presets for this song, but with many modifications.
    Hope on the next project I can handle the m1 a little bit better.

• Good stuff! Sort of reminds me of Brainwave's Stranger in a Strange Land; taking excerpts from a sci-fi movie.
    Brainwave by Brainwave
    https://itun.es/us/Kint

• clock dva vibe

• @setAI said:
    clock dva vibe

God, they did a version of Black Angel's Death Song which was brilliant...

• Some sounds were inspired by orbital and the "dark reverb stuff" by trentemoller.

• Great job! It's amazing how modern the M1 sounds in the right hands.

• Yeah definite Orbital vibe in there - nice and creepy.

• Really like this. Only one thing: I didn't like the four on the floor kick so much near the beginning, much preferred the more imaginative toms/percussion stuff later. Uncluttered and polished.

• i like that quite a bit. (Trentemoller - love his stuff!) ... this is maybe the 2nd thing I've heard using the iM1 that's made me want to pick it up - so thanks for that.!

• thx :)
    for me there are some parts that don´t sound "perfect" too
    after hearing it a few times :)
    maybe I ll rework it in the future

• ok, I did some changes.
    I modified the volumes...
    tried to increase the trebles a little bit and some other minimal note corrections.
    it´s far away from perfect, but NOW it sounds much better to my ears...

ps. sorry for posting a song two times

• Great atmosphere you build here!

• i admire your persistence. once i upload something to soundcloud it becomes Dead To Me.

• Some nice vibes and grooves there! Love the bassline too