Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

The way a brick doesn't

Still doing everything purely in gadget (with added Darwin...nice!) mastered in Audio Mastering. Hey, #JohnnyGoodyear, any YouTube tutorials on using Abu Dhabi? I have a feeling I'm woefully under using it.
Comments, critiques welcome as usual.

Comments

• Very urban jazzy (that's what the piano does of course :). Don't love the lead line that comes in after it around the one minute mark, but I'm guessing I'm just too comfortable on my easychair for that modern sound....having said that once it doubles up (or whatever that is) it grows on me quite somewhat. And then when the piano comes i again I was disappointed that it ended so soon. Always a good sign.

What was the bass sound you were using there? Really like it. Just the right about of bubble and snap.

As for Abu, I am not the man to help. I paste things in and fiddle about, which is about the extent of my technical excellence. I much prefer Egoist, BUT Egoist aint in Gadget, so paste and fiddle is about as far as I've got...

• That was some groovy shit! Joe Jackson invites Joe Walsh to his uptown apartment for a jam, but Joe Walsh gets smashed and Mrs. Jackson's dinnerware is the worse for it ... But not the groove, never the groove.

Interesting sound choices, nice composition, and to my ears, quite unique. Great work :)

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Don't love the lead line that comes in after it around the one minute mark, but I'm guessing I'm just too comfortable on my easychair for that modern sound....

Excellent palette cleanser, but then sticks around way too long.

• edited June 2015

JohnnyGoodyear, yeah, that ivory piano is a surprisingly good sound. The gnarly synth was my attempt at getting close to that chorusy Zappa guitar sound from his 80s stuff. Failed attempt and too long, have to agree with #solador78 here ;)

Although, I like it doubled with the Wolfsburg synth (probably intended for four on the door anthems), so I may keep that bit and delve elsewhere in the middle section.
    Johnny, the bass is synthbass 3, patch 66 on the main iM1. Not sure if I even tweaked it. I've found a sprinkling of 'ensemble' as an effect beefs up some basses nicely.

eustressor, chuffed to be in such exulted company, even when I'm ruining their dinner party.

• Wow, font disaster!

• Nice, thanks for the synthbass. Just began to mix and match iM1s in the double mode. Looks as though that's the rest of the day shot...

• Some surgery was required, now I'm pretty happy. More piano, #JohnnyGoodyear! Less gnarly synth noodles, #solador78!

• edited June 2015

@iansainsbury first off, point of order, if you add an @ before someone's name, rather than a #, they will get a little message when they sign in that they have been 'mentioned' by you in the relevant post....

On to the business at hand, I like the new version. Seems to be more 'of a whole'. If it were sitting on my iPad I would also want to hear how the sound of the gnarly lead and the piano sound when overlaid with each other. Not that I think it should be so, just interested. May even have thought about trying and recreate it if the day wasn't so pretty out there :)

Half way through listening to this go round for the second time I thought about this as a backtrack for an 'advanced' animation of some kind, but not being an advanced animator I got a bit stuck as to the actual content :)

Weird, I think in terms of visuals for music a lot, but mostly only film, must be a blind spot. There, you've give me something to work on or think about while out wandering around in South Austin in pursuit of some Vietnamese coffee...

• @iansainsbury said:
    The gnarly synth was my attempt at getting close to that chorusy Zappa guitar sound from his 80s stuff. Failed attempt and too long, have to agree with #solador78 here ;)

As a Zappa affectionado I think you've achieved that one - with the sound and the playing - very Zappa-esque. Not sure about the backing, but it's nice to hear something a bit different.

• @JohnnyGoodyear, got it! Now you had to look just to see that I've finally mastered the correct use of the @ in forums. Fora? Go get your coffee. I'm a coffee snob, grind the beans for my daily cafetière, so I empathise. I'd better put a quick @solador78 in here so he notices I took the criticism on board. In a good way, I hope. Agree it feels more of a whole now. If you ever want to add animations, Johnny, be my guest :)

• @iansainsbury from what I gather @richardyot would be yer man for that but he's apparently pretty booked :)

• Very nice!

• @monzo said:
    As a Zappa affectionado I think you've achieved that one - with the sound and the playing - very Zappa-esque. Not sure about the backing, but it's nice to hear something a bit different.

Thank you! Could listen to Zappa for hours at a stretch. Particularly Jazz From Hell which was my least favourite for about a year until something clicked. Stunning.