Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Fingerbeat

This is going to be awesome. In public beta testing now. http://fingerbeat.com

Comments

• Great! Thanks for sharing.

• @mgmg4871 said:

This is the best hookup around here lately, by far. The dev has already updated once during the beta...

• hey does this allow you to have a different tempo/swing on each pattern?

• @mgmg4871 said:

Yes, I like the interface too nice new approach

• I have been using this for a couple days and must say: the UI is Really nice. Great blend of playful and down-to-business. The vertical timeline for the sequencer takes a minute to get used to but that "interruption" of the norm is refreshing and leading to different kinds of beats.

The way the drum pads divide depending on how one sets them up is also inventive and fresh.

This one is inspirational.

• Haven't been able to spend much time with this and (no doubt connected) find myself a little slow in sussing out what/how everything is/does, but I it does have a fresh feel and I can say right away that recording vocals into it sounds really and quickly good.

• I am really digging this experience! There is so much to explore and the keyboard interface yields really nice variations quickly. I have just started using a few features and find it both intuitive and rewarding!

• This is really one of the most exciting drum machines for some time...
    Haven't figured out a few features...like slicing in pads and adding more samples to a pad
    Is there a help/manual? Help page is blank...

• I have the frustration of not quite understanding what I'm doing here, but it's the good feeling that arises from the certainty the app does more than I am capable of currently making it do. I muttered about it feeling fresh before, and while that's a bit of an amorphous word, it does seem right for this thing.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    I have the frustration of not quite understanding what I'm doing here, but it's the good feeling that arises from the certainty the app does more than I am capable of currently making it do. I muttered about it feeling fresh before, and while that's a bit of an amorphous word, it does seem right for this thing.

Absolutely, same here, it helps to discover stuff doesn't it?

The time signatures come from Hughenxq Galaxy ...like 5/5 , 4/6, 5/3 and 3/3, they seem to use different language out there..

Still didn't use the tape deck...
    I really like their approach to the sequencer..up to 32 bar pattern...not bad, pitched samples...
    Keeps me busy;-)

• @kobomoto, there both global.

• There are some pretty good videos out as this app has been around since 2009 at least in some form or other it seems. The old videos are very useful for what ever this incarnation is it seems.

• got any links?

• The original is the iPhone version it seems and has less in the way of features.

• thanks, dunno bout this one

• edited June 2015

@kobamoto said:
    hey does this allow you to have a different tempo/swing on each pattern?
    @kobamoto said:
    thanks, dunno bout this one

You can set different time sig per pattern, eg down to 1 bar. Swing is global.
    The reel-to-reel scratcher/recorder is good for some funny games and pad fodder.

• edited June 2015

that sounds interesting, love me some fodder :) , are there any fx to speak of, like glitch/pitch stuff?

• edited June 2015

@kobamoto said:
    that sounds interesting, love me some fodder :) , are there any fx to speak of, like glitch/pitch stuff?

Basic per track effects. There are live XY controls for reverb delay and filter. Movements of these, and audio glitching, reverses and tapestop type stuff can be done by goofing with, and resampling using the reel to reel feature.

Is in beta, get in on it and tell the dev what we require!

• edited June 2015

i'm running iOS 7 so beta's out, but I'll def try it out when it drops. thanks for your insight.

• edited June 2015

It seems to have only 1/4 note resolution, would be nice if it had it from 1/32.... To 1/1, easier to write notes ...

and fix the timing to conventional times ... And some odd ones

And import of samples from AudioShare and file manager type apps

Has anyone been able to import samples from copy/paste?
    It says paste ok, but the sample is nowhere to be found and doesn't get pasted to pad...puzzling

• I've been using FingerBeat more and more and keep discovering new wonderful things about it - latest is the Tape Deck which adds a dose of fun and glow into the workflow.

I liked this app right off the bat but it's starting to feel like one of those surprise-go-to's that sneak up and become part of your mind / music ecosystems.

(in short: Viva FIngerBeat!)

• I'm still getting lost in it but yeah, tape deck is freaksome. I don't think there is midi sync either but I've written a long one to the developer. I also wish there was one settings/menu place for all things, they are a little too scattered for my liking.

• Find it awesomely tasty but confusing....

• I agree it's a bit of a maze though unlike other UI-mazes that place a wall between me and the app itself FingerBeat feels like a Fresh Mess in the best possible sense: it dares to be different and (for me) wins by doing so.

Recently I did a session with iMPC Pro and realized how cold the whole UI feels .. In comparison FingerBeat has soul and magic running through it. (Not that they're competing apps or even should be compared - that was speaking to the UI experience)

It also Sounds really, really nice to my ears. And I just discovered the tapedeck Compression setting. Beauty.

• edited June 2015

I'm like very tempted to sign up to test this but before I do...

• How well does it do 'sampling' and 'editing' of the recorded samples? (trim, normalise, reverse etc.).
    • Does it offer input-monitoring before and during sampling?
    • Does it offer recording from AB/IAA-Generator?
    • Does it offer proper 'File Management'?
    • What Import/Export options do we have? (AudioShare? AudioCopy?).

From the looks of it this might very well be the 'sampler' I've been waiting for as
    I love to record real sounds (using iRig Mic HD and Behringer UCA-202) and doodle with them :)

• @Samu I have almost categorically tested None of the points you listed (not on purpose)

I've been using FingerBeat in The most basic of ways: Sequence arrangements, Pad assignments (which as mentioned have rather gorgeous variations / slices UI / performance features)

So basic in fact that I've yet to find out how to switch the Quantize grid from 16th notes to triplets

You're asking great questions - sorry I've not got answers - but it's an app very much worth BETA'ing just to find out what's addressed or not on your list

• Samu, you have some great ideas and you could definitely share them with the developer. I've been testing it too and I'm also doing the basic stuff. Sounds really nice tho.

• Wait till Waldorf attack drops, this thread will die..