Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Creation started with StepPolyArp

edited April 2013 in Creations

Started with StepPolyArp and this is what came out: ... Everything recorded into Cubasis. Any feedback on how the mix and/or composition could be improved is welcome.

Comments

• Nice. I'd like to hear a little more of what's happening under the piano sound. Whether you'd achieve that using EQ or just by adjusting levels is up to you, but it would help the flow of the piece, IMO.

• @Marinus -a bit disappointed that I can't listen beyond my iPad speakers right now, but that's a nice composition and sound.

• Wow, love the ways this builds. The drums are pretty good, I think they could use a little more volume & "pop" - compression maybe. The pad sounds are really nice too. Only criticism is that it seems a little long, or could use a bridge of some kind to break up the piano arp prog, which gets a little repetitive after 3-4 minutes.

Great stuff!

• Brilliant drums sounds...were are they from...and I like the piano..good work man..

• What all apps were used for this? It sounds good but I do agree @PaulB that the piano could be toned down some to hear a little more of the background, but would keep the ambient "ahhhh" sounds where they are

• edited April 2013

Thanks for your valuable comments! I'll experiment with track volumes and try to boost the background and drums a bit. Also, I'll think about reducing the length vs keeping the piece interesting till the end.

Instruments:
    Piano from Cubasis driven by StepPolyArp,
    Aah Choir by Cubasis,
    Drums and percussion by DM1 with samples from SampleTank and DrumJam,
    Synth bass by Magellan,
    Background synth by Animoog,
    Soft strings in bridge by Cubasis,
    Guitar in final part by iFretless Guitar

• Nice atmosphere. Could you describe the setup of the app that you have used? I have many of yours but I use only one at time, I'm newbie of iOs composition.
    For example I read "drums and percussion by Dm1 with sample from Sampletank". I have this 2 app.. Thank you

• @tubaz I took samples from DrumJam and from Sampletank to build DM1 user kits. The samples were imported into DM1 via AudioCopy/Paste. It is really easy to create new drum kits this way.
    The tracks were recorded one after the other. Some are midi, some are audio. The order was: piano arps, drums, bass, choir, synth, softstrings, guitar.

• I agree with the comments about the piano. It's way too loud! To me, it sounds like the piano should be supporting other things. The rest of the mix really suffers. The music sounds interesting, but until the piano monster is tamed it's hard to make a judgement. Did you use any EQ on the drums? I'd have liked a little more fizz at the higher end. Nice piece though, and with a bit of mixing not too long.