Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audio to Midi for Audiobus ?

After a conversation with Ryan it got me thinking what the next step could be in the 'IOS MIDI Mire'.

How about Audio to Midi ? Has anyone used it before on PC/Mac ? Is it any good ?

Could it be a viable option to negate Devs having to update their current Apps MIDI set ups ?
It could in theory stream MIDI notes from Audiobus right into Cubasis/BM2 and record it as you play your app live even if it doesn't have midi out ? Not sure if it could handle anything other than note data though.

And of course a tempo set in Audiobus that is an always on MIDI clock.

Anyone have any thoughts on this ?

Comments

• Thumbjam can do this.

• Thumbjam seems to be able to do anything !

How do you mean, record Audio in as midi ?

• Well, it can certainly convert audio input to its own internal sounds, it was talked about before and referred to as Audio to MIDI. I haven't tried it, so I don't KNOW if the MIDI information appears at the output ports, but it wouldn't surprise me, knowing sonosaurus. :)

• Just scanning through the user guide....I have to say Thumbjam is an app that's got so much going on under the hood...

• I suspect sonosaurus' car is a Fiat 500 with a V12 engine stuffed inside it.

• edited April 2013

Lol thanks for post I'm gonna experiment now....

• @PaulB Hah! It shall remain a mystery.

Regarding the audio->midi, yes it will do that, and you can specify the midi channel it uses with the Voice Channel Start parameter in Prefs->MIDI Control. Note that it can be a little twitchy with certain input sounds driving it (some staccato with transients) and can result in some extra note-ons. Playing with the Thresh control can tame it somewhat. I mentioned in the other thread about improving that in an update, but it didn't make it in 2.3.

• Thanks, sorry you ended up answering that twice. I was going to relay the info here. :)