Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Two audio interfaces?

in practice, it would be possible to use two audio interfaces via USB hub to record two different tracks of stereo audio simultaneously in different Apps through AudioBus?
Thanks

Comments

• Unfortunately not. iOS supports only one USB audio interface at a time.

• Supposedly you can do this with MiMix in Audiobus output via iConnectAudio 4.

I have just got an ICA4 and tried it last night and couldn't get it to work yet but potentially it should have worked so will be trying again. In MiMix you can select different channel outputs for the Audiobus lanes.

• I just sent an email to the developer Mimix and he has responded. Apple's hardware does not support. :(

• It's definitely possible with the iCA4 but then that's additional hardware. I've done a test this evening recording 4 x 2 channels output from MiMix into a desktop DAW on my PC...all channels came out......

........But and this is a big but I've being getting some pops and crackles (iPops?)with the ica4 quite often.

I've only had the iCA4 for a day or so and there are some issues with noise but it's a bug which hopefully I can get the right setting for, or it's a firmware issue or something. ....Sometimes there are pops, sometimes it sounds great. I'm not sure what the issue is yet.

When you set the routing up in the iConfig software you can enable up to 8 channels for the iPad. In Mimix you only have the option for stereo pairs, I hope the dev will enable mono output channels at some point.

I hope Audiobus has multichannel output support soon, that would be great.

• thanks for the return, friend. the "pops" that mentions, believe it to be excessive processing where iPad does not support.
    I ran loopy, loopy hd, AudioBus, ad free, and the same thing happened.
    The Apple hardware is always lagged behind the developed iOS apps.
    I'm thinking of a hybrid solution, using other hardware in parallel.
    Just do not know if the midi sync will work properly.

• @Carnbot...would love to hear that output from MiMix with that assortment of apps!

• @funjunkie27 said:
    Carnbot...would love to hear that output from MiMix with that assortment of apps!

It's looking to be a good combo ;)
    Good news is I tried recording out from Auria to desktop DAW via IAA and the iConnect Audio4 and it recorded independent channels fine so need to do some more tests via Audiobus....

• yes, it looks promising. But who can not invest in iConnectAudio 4?? Some light on the horizon?

• At my writing desk, I use an Akai EIE to record four tracks at one time. Audiobus picks it up just fine, but you need the red (16-bit) version; the silver (24-bit) version has custom drivers and won't work with our iPads.

• edited October 2015

Very cool!
    Thanks very much!