Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Does a 30 pin hub exist?

I own an iRig Keys. I just switched to an Apogee Jam guitar interface from a Peavey Amp Kit Link. Now I have to physically unplug one of them from the iPad to use the other one. Does some type of a 30 pin or Lightning plug hub exist so I can leave them both plugged in? Is the only way to do this is with a powered usb hub and iPad-to-usb converter adapters?

Thanks and apologies if this has been answered before and I was too dumb to find it.

Comments

• edited April 2013

I doubt iOS can handle 2 30pin or lightning connector devices pugged in simultaneously, even if you could find a suitable piece of hardware to allow it. 2 usb devices via a hub and the cck adapter, possibly.

• 2 usb devices via a hub and the cck adapter

@PaulB works for sure with multiple MIDI interfaces (more than 2 even), not sure about audio devices.

• Yeah, figured it might, but I doubt Apple planned for 2 dedicated Apple connectors to end up multiplexed.

• How about an A-B switch (with a physical toggle switch) for two 30 pin connections? Any inventor types here who'd want to build me one for $5 US? :)

• You could build a board with 30 light switches on it :)

• I wanted to make a reverse kickstarter for just this type of thing. Someone has an idea and gets other people to pledge cash to support it. Then, inventors or fabricators can pitch themselves as the one who can make it happen if the money is right. After the pitches, the investors vote on which pitch they want to go with.

Sorry @cheesesteak, been too busy commenting on Internet forums to actually build it.

• The Apogee comes with a USB cable as well. Get one of those $6 MIDI - USB interfaces from Amazon (they actually work pretty well, low latency) and there is also a 30 pin CCK replacement that has a 3 port USB 2 hub built in that I find very handy as well as SD etc card slots. Includes external power cable (picks up power from any standard USB charger, including portable juice boxes) so does not rely on powering from the iPad. Class 2 audio interfaces like the Focusrite work through it too. I have connected (via chained hubs) up to 5 external MIDI devices and MidiBridge handles them all without hiccups.