Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Adding effects to existing vocal tracks in Garageband using Audiobus?

Hi to all,

I am new to Garageband and Audiobus. I have an Ipad mini 2, and a iTrack Solo. I have recorded a song with dry vocals, and now I would like to edit the vocals adding some effects (like Helicon FX voice rack effect) to the vocals using audiobus.

I select GB as an ouptut and Helicon FX as an effect, then I choose an effect, but it does not modify the sound of the vocal track (it is still dry).

Am I doing something wrong? Do I need to select an input app (in case, yes, which App is good? I do not own any yet).

I have seen some tutorials recording vocals with effects into garageband, buy what I would like is to record them dry and then later add the effects.

Is it possible with an ipad?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• edited May 2015

That is possible, only not with Garageband, cause you can put GB only in the output slot. An idea is to open the vocal track in an app you can put in the input slot in Audiobus, and than put your effects in the effect slot, and record the output back in GarageBand. What app in input slot? I think AudioShare is a good suggestion. A detail: when you record it back into GarageBand, I would lenghten the track in GB beforehand, cause you need to move the vocal track manually after you recorded it (to get it in sync with the rest of the instruments). About exporting the vocal track to for instance Multitrack Daw: I would use the aif format in GB. Cause that is the best track quality. About listening to vocals with effects (and tweaking the effects) at the same time as you hear the instruments (vocals tweaking in sync with the instruments which are not affected by the effects), I cannot think of a solution for that now, but there might be. Also unknown If that is something you want to do.

Edit : missing element in your question is: is it vocals only, or vocals with instruments?