Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iPad mini 2 users?

It's my daughter's birthday in June and she's hoping to buy an iPad mini. She's very musical, so I'd prefer her to have the mini 2 if we can afford it as it should be better for music (24 tracks in GB etc). Any users experienced any problems? Is this the one to get? And is anyone in the UK selling one? Cheers.

Comments

• How old is the young prodigy?

• I have a mini 2,32 gb and for me it's perfect.Its definitely worth spending the extra to get the 2 over the 1 as it's a much better spec.I have had no problem running Auria,cubasis.I do sometimes wish I could afford the 64gb as I do have an app addiction!:D but the iPad mini 2 I find very manageable and I don't think she will be disappointed.

• Works great for me. I got the 64 gb model on sale. No space worries!

• edited May 2015

I got an iPad Mini 2 (64GB) second hand on UK eBay for about £250.

Very pleased with it... It runs everything, fine... Lots of tracks on Gadget etc... It's a lovely piece of hardware...

It feels exactly the same as my iPad Air1 in terms of performance, which is excellent.

• edited May 2015

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    How old is the young prodigy?

She'll be 13. Gulp.

• Thanks, everyone, seems the mini 2 will do the job nicely. I'll keep an eye on eBay.

• @iansainsbury said:
    Thanks, everyone, seems the mini 2 will do the job nicely. I'll keep an eye on eBay.

Good luck. In every respect :)